Young People In Cm?

ChipieD

so, is there a conscensus?

place?

time?

secret handshake?

late night location in case people miss the first place?

Hey! Just moved to Chiangmai few days ago! Was just woundering if there was any young people over here?By young I mean, not 50 lol! Anyway, just looking for some people to go out, clubs, pubs, etc.

Cheers

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey could someone fill me in on the details? Are there people going out TONIGHT as in friday night or tomorrow? And where are people going? And what time? I definitely feel like going out tonight but since i'm a girl i'd like to avoid certain places to which someone referred as 'dodgyness' i think...

Anyone up for a club like warm up or something? I like to dance and warm up's pretty much the only place where i got to dance if i remember correctly.. :o But anyway if there're a bunch of people going out tonight i'd like to join whatever the place is we decide to go to - just as long as there's no 'dodgyness'

So... where are we going and what time?

- Mirka

so, is there a conscensus?

place?

time?

secret handshake?

late night location in case people miss the first place?

Umm... I don't know since no one really planned anything. The closest we got to a plan was meeting at The What, but I dunno if that's happening.

Hey could someone fill me in on the details? Are there people going out TONIGHT as in friday night or tomorrow? And where are people going? And what time? I definitely feel like going out tonight but since i'm a girl i'd like to avoid certain places to which someone referred as 'dodgyness' i think...

Anyone up for a club like warm up or something? I like to dance and warm up's pretty much the only place where i got to dance if i remember correctly.. :D But anyway if there're a bunch of people going out tonight i'd like to join whatever the place is we decide to go to - just as long as there's no 'dodgyness'

So... where are we going and what time?

- Mirka

The only details I know of are that Potter said

I will be in "The What" from like 7 pm friday. Would be great with a dinner in a thai restaurent saturday.

But since I have no idea what he looks like, I'm not sure if there's much point in me heading there.

Re - the dodgyness: It's nothing dangrous (unless ur a white guy who will get acosted by a hoard of bar chicks). The What is on Loi Kroh road, so to get to it, you need to get past 50 meters of dodgy bar chicks before you see the pub. So no reason to be alarmed. The damange will be entirely psychological :o

... and some were talking about The What.. is this the place everybody wants to meet in?

Yeah, that was the plan, but ....

So if we all meet in The What then? ( then we could continue somewhere else like the warm up :D )

I've never been there (The What i mean), only in night bazaar and i understand that's on the same street...? so maybe i can find my way there if there really ARE people going to meet there! otherwise like you said there's no point going. so people say something!! what about that ChipieD who originally was the one who started this whole group meeting thing? are you coming too, ChipieD? and how old are all you people? i'm 19 like i've said already...

hope we're all going somewhere tonight cause i'd really like to go party cause it's :o

- Mirka

Hi!

Well,

Seems not the best orginization here. I want to have some beers tonight. Who ever is down call me! That way if everyone calls me I will be able to orginize whats happening. Im down for whatever. And if anyone dosnt know they can call me for update. My number is 0866057436. My name is vice Im nice wont bit, Im from syd and im young 2 well 24.

I'd still be up for it - if anything happens.

If not, I'll be watching some family guy until I have to leave to pick up a friend from the bus station at 9:30 anyway which will take until like 11-ish anyway ...

fyi: I prefer to chill out with a beer (cuz I dance like a white guy - i.e. kinda like an epileptic with a limp). I'm cool with hanging out at warm up tho while some ppl go and dance.

If nothing is going on tonight, can we get a show of hands for tomr or that will end up a no-show too =/

EDIT: I'll be there at 8 - just sms'd Vincent.

Seems not the best orginization here. I want to have some beers tonight. Who ever is down call me! That way if everyone calls me I will be able to orginize whats happening. Im down for whatever. And if anyone dosnt know they can call me for update. My number is 0866057436. My name is vice Im nice wont bit, Im from syd and im young 2 well 24.

EDIT 2: Just saw someone other than Vincent suggested The What and Vincent hasn't answered his phone .... so I guess call him and see what pans out.

Edited by Wizzard of Oz

Hey! Just moved to Chiangmai few days ago! Was just woundering if there was any young people over here?By young I mean, not 50 lol! Anyway, just looking for some people to go out, clubs, pubs, etc.

Cheers

any dancers out there?

my vote is for warm up it has the best music and the advantage of a mostly empty dance floor for a large part of the evening and it's smoke free inside and nice outside, for those who would rather talk more.

i'm in it mostly for dancing and finding people to dance with :D

i'm really spoiled by my dance community up and doown the american west coast and i miss a good dance floor, well and good conversation too of course :D

i'm free tonight and maybe tomorrow

i can be reached at 0843746710

cheers.

i do bite but i rarely draw blood :o

Cheers

any dancers out there?

my vote is for warm up it has the best music and the advantage of a mostly empty dance floor for a large part of the evening and it's smoke free inside and nice outside, for those who would rather talk more.

i'm in it mostly for dancing and finding people to dance with :D

i'm really spoiled by my dance community up and doown the american west coast and i miss a good dance floor, well and good conversation too of course :D

i'm free tonight and maybe tomorrow

i can be reached at 0843746710

cheers.

i do bite but i rarely draw blood :o

well wouldn't you know it, the minute i make myself available...

i just got asked out by a lovely thai lady i met at a police station of all places so i won't be avail. tonite, maybe tomorrow.

chok di krap!

Ok looks like tonight is off.

Show of interest to meet up tomr night at 8pm at The What and take it from there?

Hey,

Yes tomorrow night at 8 pm at The What and after that wherever people feel like going!! :o

Hopefully there are also others than me and The Wizard of Oz interested??

- Mirka

:o Off Topic Disclaimer....a word to the wise- spammers use "web crawling" software that picks up email addresses from forums, etc. It might be prudent to not post your email address in a public forum, as you might get spammed mercilessly thereafter. Use the PM feature, and you should be OK. Hope you guys and gals had a good night!

McG

"But e-mails about penis enlargement pills and highly misspelled letters from Nigerian royalty make me feel like I have friends."

I wish there was an easy way to send all my spams to all the other spams and make them deal with the likes of themselves. Comprenden ? if I use the fwd function it's still me doing the fwding, and I'll get spammed more. Anyway.... just a sweet revenge idea.

Some ppl get around the webcrawlers by spelling out their emails as, for hypothetic's sake, somefarangguyatloxinfodotcom. That's bound to mystify the webbots and a few folks, but it works. Though I must say the msn meet up, or a yahoo or google chat group might serve your purposes better.

Some college buddy of mine set one up and now all of us alumni who partied together i our dorm grouping still chime in and talk frequently, though it's soooo many years later thanks to the easy access forum he set up for us - for yahoo, you use yahoo groups and it only takes like 15 minutes to set up. Then come back here n post the web address in the written-out from I suggested above. Or not. just an idear.

Cheers

tonight i will start off my evening with dinner and some dancing at warm up, i have some friends that are new to cm in town from LA... if anyone wants to join us ...

cheers

rafael

6 pages and no venue set yet?

let me set one for you young and vibrant people. meet at the local library instead and have coffee. then go for a midnight show of harry porter (if its still showing). sleep sober and its a wonderful day tomorrow again.

let me set one for you young and vibrant people. meet at the local library instead and have coffee. then go for a midnight show of harry porter (if its still showing). sleep sober and its a wonderful day tomorrow again.

:o:D

Meanwhile, back at the "Old Git Ranch", all us geriatric cases have gone out a dozen times, been "screwed, blued and tattooed" and have been up to miscellaneous devilry, since this thread started... :D

:o:D

Meanwhile, back at the "Old Git Ranch", all us geriatric cases have gone out a dozen times, been "screwed, blued and tattooed" and have been up to miscellaneous devilry, since this thread started... :D

Meh I don't meet people from the internet, I usually end up making the who "internet people are scary" idea come true for them.