Maize Pickers

dsys

OK I'll be straight up here - I am not a crop farmer, I know very little about maize and even less about other crops. Pigs I can do but if it involves planting I'm not your man.

OK that disclaimer over - Who knows anything about maize pickers(the mechanical type) not a conbine harvester. Specifically the tractor mounted/towed 2 row variety. Can they work on a steep incline? Prices? availability? The information is for a family member who has 50 rai of maize on hilly land. Anybody got any recommendations?

My inclination is that a mechanical maize picker would only work on flat land - am I wrong?

OK I'll be straight up here - I am not a crop farmer, I know very little about maize and even less about other crops. Pigs I can do but if it involves planting I'm not your man.

OK that disclaimer over - Who knows anything about maize pickers(the mechanical type) not a conbine harvester. Specifically the tractor mounted/towed 2 row variety. Can they work on a steep incline? Prices? availability? The information is for a family member who has 50 rai of maize on hilly land. Anybody got any recommendations?

My inclination is that a mechanical maize picker would only work on flat land - am I wrong?

I've only ever seen the combine ones. They don't work out any cheaper but are popular due to the time saving aspect of them, they also they laeve a much higher percentage of waste maize on the ground. My brother-in-law usualy takes a day going over the land picking the waste up after the combi has been through. Sorry don't know about the hilly ground as it's flat as a pankace around us.