Los Angeles Consulate For Tv

Hey,

Looks like I'll be returning to my home country (USA) next week and (of course) need a new TV. I need to get it from Los Angeles.

Anyone have any experience? I will be going on a monday, picking up on a Tuesday.

As in USA I'll be flying around quite a bit, I would prefer not to have it sent to me.

How about multiple TV's from LA? Anyone?

Just got mine back about a week ago... Received 2 entries for 60 us dollars... This is my fifth tourist visa in the last 15 months... 3 from LA, one in Penang where they stamped and said may be denied in the future... But, mailed in passport to LA consulate with 60 bucks and it was back in 3 days with 2 entries... Now dont have to worry for 6 months... Hopefully, there will be new visa choices by then... Never been to consulate personally but I dont think u will have any problems... Let me know how it goes... Chok Dee Kap...

With a tourist visa, is it possible to obtain a re-entry permit in Thailand to increase the number of entries?

yes, you can increase the number of ins and outs (entries) but the length of stay allowed is still the same, so what' the point..unless you really want/have to go outside thailand during the period of your stay. you don't get any more time in-country than you originally had on your visa when you re-enter the country on a re-entry permit. i think you are trying to use the procedure to extend your stay and it doesn't work that way. the thais are not that dumb. only way to extend a visa is to actually extend it...a t-visa you can usually extend for 30-days so if had a 2-entry visa could stay a max of 180 days (two 60 day entries + two 30 day entensions) days or 6 months.

Yes you can use a re-entry permit to keep your visa entry alive (and the possibility of 30 day extension later).

They are issued with either 3 or 6 month validity but it can be either. Actually even 3 month validity would provide almost six months stay if used optimally.

Thanks for the info. I had never heard of anyone getting a re-entry permit with a tourist visa, so thought I would make sure. It's for a friend of mine (really!) and would work well for her making many short visits to Thailand within the 3- or 6-month period.