Cakes

p1p

We have a new member, Elfan, who has recently posted a most appetising advert in classified for his home made cakes and brownies etc. Have a look and try him out.

Hopefully he will post more details in this thread.

Thank you for starting this topic.

I've been a member since 4 months ago, one month after we moved in to Chiang Mai.

My wife has been making cakes and cookies for more than one year ago in my home country, Indonesia (yes, the one where Bali is).

Anyway, the options for birthday cake are:

- Chocolate cake

- Sponge cake

- Triple choco caramel cake

- Angel food cake with strawberry filling

And for the decoration, we may use non-diary cream, icing sugar, chocolate pieces, and fresh fruits (strawberry, cherry, orange, kiwi), depends on the theme. Price varies, for example, the price for a small birthday cake (approx 8 inches in diameter) is around 400 Baht. Free delivery, and in Chiang Mai area only.

You can also order:

- cupcakes

- roll cake

- brownies

- cookies

- pudding/mousse

Elfan

At the new Rimping Plaza near the airport, there is a place called "Mont Blanc" with very tasty cakes. The name would suggest it's a French place, but it's Japanese. To my surprise the Japanese seem to make the best cakes outside central Europe.

Edited by cnxmike

If you like the best quality baked goods and don't mind paying for it, Sharen Sherman does home baking for people who ask her. She used to make the cookies that they sold at the Filmore East when it was in it's heyday and they were GREAT.

The prices are high because she only uses the best ingredients and has to buy them in small quantities because she only does special orders. Her phone number is: 081 289 4719