Orange Trees In Chiang Mai

Hi there

(didn'y buy the Chinese tractor in the end...previous post.cheers for the advice)

Now, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have some Orange trees, they blossom, they bare (bear) fruit, but just before they become ripe, the skins burst? is it a water problem? not enogh or too much...when should I pck em?

Next question ....  have some Taiwanese Putza (Ithink that is what they are) the tree has gone ape shit and is growing a million fruit but 99.9% turn black, wither and die before maturing. The Soil is more like cly than soil....banannas grow great,  I apply nothing now, previously put 15:15:15, did bugger all, in fact, I think it caused more fruit to drop!

Advice appreciated!

Have 200 Lam Yai too...here comes the chainsaw!!!!

I dont honestly know anything about oranges, but I have noticed that all the mandarin style oranges in the market are sold green, what colour are yours when they pop ?

Lamyai makes excellant BBQ wood.

also makes good charcoal & is popular with Lao Khao distilers for fireing their stills,

So dont throw it away.

Just general considerations on fruits:

- If the skin bursts, it may well be a sign of too much water. It is a problem with lynchees, mangosteens and rambutans when heavy rains start near harvest time. Same also with cherries back home.

- If a tree bears too many fruits, don't be afraid of removing some/a lot of them before they start developing. The remaining fruits will receive more sap and have a better chance of reaching maturity.