Airport To Pattaya Taxi....at Midnight

GottMogen

Can I get a number for a taxi service from the airport to Pattaya for a late night arrival? I haven't been to the new airport yet and will be arriving on NWA from Tokyo. Don't want to go through the whole haggling trying not to get ripped off ordeal as the old airport. I don't like taking a bus so I will pay for the taxi.

go to the meter taxi bay

will cost 1200 baht

do not go to aot taxi in arrivals

I regularly (about once per month) take a taxi from the taxi queue on the ground floor and the standard rate to Pattaya is B1500, including tolls. They have a printed sheet with fares listed for destinations outside Bangkok, and it says B1500. I did the trip as recently as last Sunday.

Also, it is not unusual to have to make a pit stop at a gas station to top up the tank as most drivers don't usually have enough gas for the trip to Pattaya.

go to the meter taxi bay

will cost 1200 baht

do not go to aot taxi in arrivals

I regularly (about once per month) take a taxi from the taxi queue on the ground floor and the standard rate to Pattaya is B1500, including tolls. They have a printed sheet with fares listed for destinations outside Bangkok, and it says B1500. I did the trip as recently as last Sunday.

Also, it is not unusual to have to make a pit stop at a gas station to top up the tank as most drivers don't usually have enough gas for the trip to Pattaya.

Cool so the price is about the same as the old airport then. I usually make the driver stop so I can get a drink for the long haul...I just hope the passport people are fast so I don't get screwed into standing in line for an hour....

e-mail Mr.Toom [[email protected]] - he is reliable and will have a driver meet you at the airport - cost is 1200 Baht inclusive of Tolls.

Who exactly is Mr Toom?

Great lad, used him half dozen times already. Basically he worked for a car service, figured out he could start his own business doing the same thing and making more dosh than just being a driver.

I highly recommend him!!! :o

e-mail Mr.Toom [[email protected]] - he is reliable and will have a driver meet you at the airport - cost is 1200 Baht inclusive of Tolls.

Who exactly is Mr Toom?

Great lad, used him half dozen times already. Basically he worked for a car service, figured out he could start his own business doing the same thing and making more dosh than just being a driver.

I highly recommend him!!! :o

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't like taking a bus so I will pay for the taxi.

Good call, if the missus doesn't pick me up (preferable) I always take a taxi, buy a few beers for the trip and relax and enjoy...

No problems about the person in front putting the seat back and ending up in a fight...(like we saw in a thread before).

You can smoke (even the AOT lot let you smoke) and stop for a p1ss whenever you want...Who would want to take the bus?