Insurance That Covers Baby's Vaccines

cobalto

Hi All,

Recently my baby has born and I was stunned with the vaccination prices! Back in Brazil, this is normally covered by the insurance. Apparently the one my current company uses isn't. Additionally, the monthly checkup is also not covered. They only cover medical conditions... Not preventive.

My wife spoke with some friends and, apparently, their insurance covers everything. She will try to get the name of the insurance with them...

Meanwhile I spoke with my company and the Thai lady asked me to get the name of insurance companies that covers everything. Perhaps they are going to change, if I can find something better...

Do you guys know any insurance company that covers:

1) Travels abroad

2) Vaccines

3) The monthly check-up of my newborn baby

Thanks in advance!

Fred.

Hi Cobalto,

The medical insurance I have, through my company, is BUPA - company gold.

Valid worldwide, covers maternity, baby health care (meaning all vaccines, check-ups etc.)

Excellent insurance company never any hassle. If in patient, the hospital only callls them to verify your membership and clears the bill when you are leaving the hospital. Out-patient save the receipt and send it together with the medical report, reinbursed within two weeks.

Hi All,

Recently my baby has born and I was stunned with the vaccination prices! Back in Brazil, this is normally covered by the insurance. Apparently the one my current company uses isn't. Additionally, the monthly checkup is also not covered. They only cover medical conditions... Not preventive.

My wife spoke with some friends and, apparently, their insurance covers everything. She will try to get the name of the insurance with them...

Meanwhile I spoke with my company and the Thai lady asked me to get the name of insurance companies that covers everything. Perhaps they are going to change, if I can find something better...

1) Travels abroad

2) Vaccines

Thanks in advance!

Fred.

Hi All,

1) Travels abroad

2) Vaccines

Thanks in advance!

Fred.

Vaccine prices in Thailand vary a great deal depending on where you get them.

My ex paid 2300THB times 3 for the Hep b but its 600THB at thai red cross.

I have posted before both the Thai DoH and the the Thai Paediatric schedule of vaccines - i can send it to you if required.

I could probably also get you some guidance prices for the vaccines but I am not back in asia till next week when i can speak to our BKK office and my colleague who is a paediatric vaccine expert in Asia-Pac

... BUPA - company gold.

Valid worldwide, covers maternity, baby health care (meaning all vaccines, check-ups etc.)...

Dear Edh,

Looks like I can't solve my problem. The Thai lady from my office just called BUPA and they said, in clear Thai ("vaccination mai mee"), that they don't cover vaccines nor routine check-up. Again, only medical conditions.

So, without proof that other insurances do cover these things I can't find a solution to my case... Have to add all these costs to my planning... :o

Thanks anyway.

Fred.

Hi Fred,

Sounds strange, but it might be that she called BUPA Thailand which has different insurance schemes than BUPA International - located in the UK.

I for sure know that my insurance covers what I mentioned in my earlier post.

Good luck

... BUPA - company gold.

Valid worldwide, covers maternity, baby health care (meaning all vaccines, check-ups etc.)...

Dear Edh,

Looks like I can't solve my problem. The Thai lady from my office just called BUPA and they said, in clear Thai ("vaccination mai mee"), that they don't cover vaccines nor routine check-up. Again, only medical conditions.

So, without proof that other insurances do cover these things I can't find a solution to my case... Have to add all these costs to my planning... :o

Thanks anyway.

Fred.

My babies first vaccinations were done up country in Thailand anmd cost 150 baht at the local 'health centre/hospital'........second lot (same injections) done at a private hospital in Bangkok (not in farang area though) and cost 1,800 baht........What the F#$@% ??

Yes there can be differences....

Hi All,

1) Travels abroad

2) Vaccines

Thanks in advance!

Fred.

All Thai based health insurance companies cover travel abroad (Some exceptions about U.S.A), up to the coverage limits of the policy.

No Thai based health insurer covers childs vacinations (I admit, though, that I entered this thread hoping Thaivisa knew of an exception).

No Thai based insurer covers monthly check ups for new borns.

Insurers don't hand out "freebees" without charging you for them. If you have coverage for those things in your (international) iinsurance, believe me, you are paying for them when you compare the cost of your coverage to good, adequate Thai based coverage. No, I don't mean BUPA Personal.

Vaccination is VERY CHEAP if you know where to get i

Link: XXXX

Cheers. :o

Oops! Link removed by moderator.

My apologies to the moderator... didn't know that was against forum rules.

Mistakenly assumed it wasn't against the rules because it was the link to the Red Cross website which is non-profit and which I have no affiliation to.

Sorry again. :D

Edited by junkofdavid2

Vaccinations at Samitivej were 800-1200B.

CIGNA International covers it all (at 1250US$ per month that company pays them, they should).

Even if they did not, is that price of 800-1200B "stunning"?

They are 3-4 vaccines in the lifetime, is it worth paying extra insurance for that?