Bkk To Bne (australia)..

Thai Chi

...in the process of organizing a quick trip home later this year. I normally fly Thai Airways direct from BKK to BNE.

I now notice on their website that the outward trip has "1 technical stop" which adds about 3 hours to the trip.

No info (i could see) on the website to indicate WHERE this stop is :o

Anyone with any ideas :D

Go with Jetstar, nice planes, cheap and direct overnight flights. Just came back from Thailand, $11,150 BKK to MEL.

I tried them online and the return price BKK - BNE was 37000 Bht plus 1800 Bht if I wanted to eat and have a blanket :o

Also, not direct to Brisbane. Change at Tullamarine with quite a few hours stop over makes for a loooong trip.

Sydney

Probably! Maybe?

I'm thinking the same (Sydney) The time frame fits. But why is it called a "1 technical stop" ?????

Just got the number for Thai in Bangers, so hopefully all will be revealed soon :D

And, only God knows why they would stop a direct flight to a destination where they had to put on more flights during peak peroids due to its popularity :o

Go with Jetstar, nice planes, cheap and direct overnight flights. Just came back from Thailand, $11,150 BKK to MEL.

$11,500, very cheap, Maybe you mean baht? or was it first class?

Yes, 11,150 THB is what I ment!

Where did you book that from or who with?

$11,500, very cheap, Maybe you mean baht? or was it first class?

Yes, 11,150 THB is what I ment!

Where did you book that from or who with?

I booked it on the internet through jetstar's website. I had a look at a couple of travel agents and found the best value was to book it myself.

Cathay Pacific BKK-HGK-BNE return 90 day ticket for AUD1422 on one leg there is a stop at CNS. There are 6 flights a week from HKG and you may have a problem getting the dates you want as they are heavily booked.

Qantas is the other option from BNE they may code share SIN-BKK leg

I do the BNE to BKK and return trip several times a year. While I liked the non-stop BNE to BKK (which arrives at BKK at 6.30am), I didn't like flying BKK-SYD-BNE (with a couple of hours in SYD). Then - I don't arrive at BNE until around 11pm - too late to catch a bus or a train - so it's either overnight in BNE or a $300 taxi ride back home.

I have decided to switch carriers and I now fly Singapore Airlines. Newer planes and better service. Leave BNE at 11.45pm, wake in Singapore at 5.30am, 3 hours at Changi Airport and arrive in BKK at 10.10am. Return: Leave BKK at 3.40pm, have 2 hours at Changi Airport and back into BNE at 6.50am the next morning. Current round trip price (including all taxes and charges) is 29,790 baht ($AUD1057.54).

Sure - you will get cheaper with Jetstar - but as one OP said - it means flying BKK to BNE via Melbourne.

The only good news is Ethiad Airlines are going to fly from BNE from November and AirAsiaX start flying from Gold Coast Airport from November to KL for only $AUD99.

Peter

I have decided to switch carriers and I now fly Singapore Airlines. Newer planes and better service. Leave BNE at 11.45pm, wake in Singapore at 5.30am, 3 hours at Changi Airport and arrive in BKK at 10.10am. Return: Leave BKK at 3.40pm, have 2 hours at Changi Airport and back into BNE at 6.50am the next morning. Current round trip price (including all taxes and charges) is 29,790 baht ($AUD1057.54).

Peter

That sounds very reasonable Peter, I'm also a recent Singapore Airlines convert, I need to go to Brisbane within the next few weeks, I will be going SQ for sure, I have a bucket load of air miles that I can use on SQ to upgrade to business class, so it's great! :o

Singapore Airlines souds very good until one adds about $350 for the BNE-CNS leg plus the extra travelling time and flight availability on the day you want to travel.I have booked 3 weeks before travel and that was the only seat available all the lower priced seats were "unavailable" so I could not obtain a 35 day ticket.and remember the airline requires a confirmed return seat which can be changed subject to "availability".

The other alternatives are Jetstar and Air Nuigini to Singapore with code share to Bangkok.