Whats Do The Thais Really Think Of Us Farangs

Grover

If we break the Thais down into low, middle and high class, and the Farangs into rich, normal and "farang kee nok" class, and from all these different angles/permuntations, what do the Thais really think of us ?

Or if that is too complex, what do they think of us ? What are the stereotypes and whats behind the smiles ? :o

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they break us down into Bank of U.K., Bank of Cannada, Bank of U.S of A. Or whatever country you are from.

From the Thai's that I have asked a similar question too, Answers were mostly Rich or Key nok. Not to much in between.

Anyone that answered normal or middle class to this had been outside Thailand before.

For instance, when you walk around in a small town you might see some Thais whispering amounst themselfs "oooohh, look, there goes a farang!"

So what are they really thinking and feeling ??

Edited by Grover

If we break the Thais down into low, middle and high class, and the Farangs into rich, normal and "farang kee nok" class, and from all these different angles/permuntations, what do the Thais really think of us ?

Or if that is too complex, what do they think of us ? What are the stereotypes and whats behind the smiles ? :o

Been living in Thailand long mate? Trust me , after a while you just don't think or care about these sorts of trivialities and you just get on with whatever it is you do.

what do they think of us ?

If they relied on this Forum to form an impression of Farangs, they would assume all Farangs are complete tossers.

Agreed from your posts that is quite clear!!! :D

Brit!!

I'll have to have a word with Roger down Soi 6, maybe tamper with your next set of scuba gear. :o

^^^^ Hmmm doing deep dives soon, that wouldn't be good. Luckily Roger is a mate of mine!!! :o

Good lad is Roger, was on the pizz in Soi 6 with him last time I was home, he only intended to have one drink..........

The rest is history. :D

Edited by Maigo6

Given the frequent posts here on TV that are drenched with misconceptions about Thais and Thailand I can only say Thais could not possibly have a less accurate understanding of Farangs as very many of the Farangs here on TV have of Thais.

Given the frequent posts here on TV that are drenched with misconceptions about Thais and Thailand I can only say Thais could not possibly have a less accurate understanding of Farangs as very many of the Farangs here on TV have of Thais.

You sound like one of them people i meet who has a Phd in Thai people, and everyone who has spent 10 minutes less then you in LOS should be shot at dawn for their failed analysis.

If an individual has a view gained from his experiences, differing to your own is it a misconception?

I think we have a better understanding of Thais then they do of us, being as most Thais who meet us have never been to Farangland.

The well educated ones are very jealous of what we have.

Money. They just can’t stand it, it eats them up.

If some old, fat, bald, ugly Farang has a load of cash,

it does them in. they think you don’t deserve it, even if you have worked twice

As hard and twice as long as they ever will.

Take the money issue out of the equation and the Thais are lovely people

Edited by ICECHUNKS