Indian Restaurant

Maigo6

I used to get a take away from there when it first opened.

Food is very good but a little expensive..........work on 400 baht for a main course with rice.

You can either sit in or take out.

Shuts at 12am from what i remember.

Give it a go you wont regret it................just comes down to if you dont mind paying a little more for a quality product. :o

(Better add its 3 months since i was there so things may of changed)

Thanks ThaiFlyer, it's just round the corner from my house , so when I get back on Sunday it may be worth just walking round the corner instead of driving somewhere, no parking etc....

I noticed that place last time I was home, but never got round to it, I'll give it a shot Sunday night.

Cheers. :o

Any good, I think it's called the Taj, opposite excyte club.

Any experiences?

Ty in advance.

Havent tried that one but went to indian by nature almost at the thrappaya/theppasit junction, very nice 8/10.would have been 10 but the popadoms had spicy birdseed on and the pashwari naan was as thin as an envelope and lacking in coconut, surroundings /staff good,.and they have buy one get one free for the remainder of this month !

and the pashwari naan was as thin as an envelope and lacking in coconut, surroundings /staff good,.and they have buy one get one free for the remainder of this month !

never heard of coconut in peshwari naan :D

Coconut and sultanas usually, or is it different in thailand ? .i thought DR NAAN would be better informed :o

My mother thought the world of the from from the restaurant on 3rd road, but it was a little expensive.

My gf and I drive by there three or four time per day, morning, noon and night, but rarely see more than one or two people in the place.... sometimes not even that many.

and the pashwari naan was as thin as an envelope and lacking in coconut, surroundings /staff good,.and they have buy one get one free for the remainder of this month !

never heard of coconut in peshwari naan :D

Coconut and sultanas usually, or is it different in thailand ? .i thought DR NAAN would be better informed :D

Peshwari Naan originates (as the name says) from "up north" where coconuts don't grow :o anyway, i always considered "bread with raisins" or any sweet additions to bread as yuckish². one might as well dip danish pastries in a curry :D

give me a plain partly crispy / partly soft naan with some black blisters to make me happy :D

p.s. the indian restaurant down at Jomtien is not too bad but i prefer our own indian cook although her repertoire is naturally rather limited compared to a restaurant.

Good points Mobi. The third road joint does serve excellent food but at Hong Kong prices I always feel I'm being robbed when I leave. Not against anyone making a few bob, but with rent, staff costs and basic food stuffs available for a lot less than HK, their prices are indefensible.

Had a chicken tikka masala, lamb dulhani bhoona and Bombay aloo at the Light of Bengal on Rose Street, Aberdeen last night.

AWESOME!!!

But has anyone checked out the Indian restaurant at the top-end of Soi Post Office (2nd Road end) yet? Don't know the name but it's the only one there.

Edited by NanLaew

But has anyone checked out the Indian restaurant at the top-end of Soi Post Office (2nd Road end) yet? Don't know the name but it's the only one there.

Ahaar, yeah, pretty good.

http://www.door2doorpattaya.com/ahaar.php

Thanks for that jing, I was beginning to despair of anyone else ever confirming what I have been suspecting as being a decent Indian restaurant. I will post a link in the other Indian restaurant thread now I know the name.