Panthip Got Doom3 Yet?

kankaroo

I'm bumping this with the same question. So it's at Panthip? In the real store, not just bootlegged?

I'm just about done with playing Warcraft 3 and this seems like a good game to take its place.

I need to get over there to get a dvd drive anyway, so this would be the perfect excuse.

I doubt you need a dvd drive to play the game. I just need to get one anyway to play some videos my relatives are sending me. I'd also like to check out Farhenheit 911. Going to Panthip to get Doom 3 would be a good motiviation for me to get my butt over there to buy the dvd drive.

So, any word on if the real boxed version is available at Panthip?

Not out officially here yet.

I will definitely buy the original as you need this for proper online play.

It is client-server and I'll create my own server for a bit of deathmatch fun :o

BTW this is by far the best game I've played all year - the atmosphere whilst playing it is harrowing.. lost count how many times I've jumped out of my seat.. must have clocked around 12hrs playtime so I guess I'm halfway through it and it just keeps getting better & better!

u can get the 9800 256mb Pros for about 16k and the XT versions about 19k, there is no real diff though unless yer playing in 1600x1200 or above with the XT tho, so I went for a Pro :o Aint found a game that it wont run flat out in 1280x... yet.....

Right - thats it...

I'm spending the weekend hunting high and low on Phuket island for this...

And i'll defo get into some deathmatch with any one whos interested...

Maybe we should set up a "thaivisa.com" clan, get george to sponser us, and go international :o

The multiplayer is 4 player only. Alough there are ways to increase this, the system and network requirements are horrendous. 400kpbs for a 4 player game!

I'm running up a server today on one of my phat machines. We'll see how it goes.

The multiplayer is 4 player only. Alough there are ways to increase this, the system and network requirements are horrendous. 400kpbs for a 4 player game!

I'm running up a server today on one of my phat machines. We'll see how it goes.

I read a preview of Doom 3 that noted the limit of 4 for a multiplayer game, but when they logged on, they found matches of up to 16 people. We';; have to wait and see I guess.

u can get the 9800 256mb Pros for about 16k and the XT versions about 19k, there is no real diff though unless yer playing in 1600x1200 or above with the XT tho, so I went for a Pro  Aint found a game that it wont run flat out in 1280x... yet.....

I guess the 256MB cards are out of my price range. Anybody got some prices on a quality 128mb video card? I realize that the Doom 3 makers suggest that NVida is the best for their game, but I have read lots of reviews which praised ATI over Nvida in most cases. Plus, ATI is Canadian...so i would rather support them. I'll take a look on pantipprice.com for some prices. Anybody go video card shopping in Phuket lately?

ATI have just released a beta catalyst driver just for Doom 3. Supposed to give a 10-30% increase in FPS, though how much you get depends on the card (the latest Radeons getting the biggest boost)

Hopefully I will now be able to play in 800x600.

I'm sticking with ATI as Half Life 2 is supposed to be the reverse of Doom 3 and favour the Radeon brand.

I read a preview of Doom 3 that noted the limit of 4 for a multiplayer game, but when they logged on, they found matches of up to 16 people. We';; have to wait and see I guess.

u can get the 9800 256mb Pros for about 16k and the XT versions about 19k, there is no real diff though unless yer playing in 1600x1200 or above with the XT tho, so I went for a Pro  Aint found a game that it wont run flat out in 1280x... yet.....
I guess the 256MB cards are out of my price range. Anybody got some prices on a quality 128mb video card? I realize that the Doom 3 makers suggest that NVida is the best for their game, but I have read lots of reviews which praised ATI over Nvida in most cases. Plus, ATI is Canadian...so i would rather support them. I'll take a look on pantipprice.com for some prices. Anybody go video card shopping in Phuket lately?

fairly sure I saw the 9600s in 256mb aswell as 128 :o I would expect that there will be a large gap in performance between the two in the latest games...

I would not recommend you install the "duct tape mod". The game was designed with you having to choose whether to hold the torch or your weapon. Having both makes the game to easy and reduces the scare factor dramatically. Just do what I do and map the torch to the right mouse button.

BTW the new ATI Beta drivers made a big difference for me and I now can run it in 800x600 in medium.

Also a great performance enhancing tweak has appeared - In your DOOM 3 directory, find "DoomConfig.cfg" (x:\Program Files\Doom 3\base). Open DoomConfig.cfg in Notepad.

Find the line:

seta image_cacheMegs "32"

I changed 32 to 96. It really worked well for me