Visa Run From Hat Yai Airport

Hi,

I need to get from the Hat Yai airport to Pedang Besar before the border closes. My flight arrives at 6pm. If I take a taxi how much will it cost one way? How long does it take? I'm afraid that if I take a van from the market I won't get to the border on time because I understand the border closes at 9pm. Is that right?

Thanks!

LL

Taxi trip will take about 30-40 minutes (depending on traffic, mood of driver, etc.) and shouldn't cost more than 100 baht. There's no market at Hat Yai airport. I have no idea when the border shuts. Now, have you got any Thai language questions?

Believe the only taxi service at airport is that provided by Thai limo and am sure that will cost much more than 100 baht. Have had driver offer to take to border/back so they do it off-clock if not officially but do not know the normal price range.

Hi,

From the Hatyai airport to Hatyai town, the taxi fare is about 150 to 200baht.

From Hatyai town by taxi to Padang Besar or the normal Danok/Bukit Kayu Hitam checkpoint,

the fare (book the whole taxi) will costs about 350 to 400 baht. Price changes from

time to time. Time taken about 45minutes to one hour, depending on traffic.

From Hatyai town (main market) to Danok,Thailand/Bukit Kayu Hitam, Malaysia/checkpoint.....

the air-con van (45baht per passenger) takes more than one hour. It stops on the way

to allow passengers to get down along the journey. Last trip (bothsides) ends at 6.00pm. Immigration closes 9.00pm (Malaysian time) .

Always bargain with the taxi driver, before you get into the taxi.

As I have said, the fare changes from time to time.

Have a pleasant trip. Sawatdi krap.

:o