How To Cancel A 30 Years Land Lease On The Chanote ?

Hi,

I have a 30 years lease on an ex's chanote

I wish to free the chanote of my lease so that my ex's can put the land up for sale, guarantee or whatever.

Do I need to be present or can ot be done by proxy if all the papers are prepared ?

When we registerred the lease, it was done with the help of a lawyer but I would rather not have to pay any fees this time unless absolutely necessary alsonot be present....

Any thoughts ?

You should be able to serve notice to quit which the landlord must sign. This should be worded carefully and in such a way that you will not become liable to any onerous penalties.

I think this can be done by proxy, but who will you grant power of attorney too? You really do need legal advice to protect yourself here, just how is that relationship with your ex?

You should be able to serve notice to quit which the landlord must sign. This should be worded carefully and in such a way that you will not become liable to any onerous penalties.

I think this can be done by proxy, but who will you grant power of attorney too? You really do need legal advice to protect yourself here, just how is that relationship with your ex?

Thanks forthe advice. The relationship is good (I want to free the lease which is all pre-paid at no cost to the ex). Thanks forpointing the risk of penalities

Will bite the bullet and seek legal advice