Jomtien Lacking Basic Modern Thai Services

Jingthing

Can someone explain to me why Pattaya has these places in spades, with NONE in Jomtien?

Boots

Watsons

Starbucks

Modern public gym

Expat grocery store (Foodmart does not count, it is priced for tourists, not expats)

Edited by Jingthing

Can someone explain to me why Pattaya has these places in spades, with NONE in Jomtien?

Boots

Watsons

Starbucks

Modern public gym

Expat grocery store (Foodmart does not count, it is priced for tourists, not expats)

Because it's still just a bedroom community of Pattaya and will be for some time. :o

Boots

Watsons

Starbucks

Modern public gym

Even I do not live in Jomtien, but I would not miss the first 3 at all. Btw what is Boots?

Boots

Watsons

Starbucks

Modern public gym

Even I do not live in Jomtien, but I would not miss the first 3 at all. Btw what is Boots?

Boot's is a pharmacy, I think from the UK.

Good point, perhaps you should consider opening a franchise! Then there's the likes of McDonalds....Burger King......? will they make an appearance?

On a positive note, Jomtien has got the likes of Simons Fish & Chips and an underpant shop curiously named 'Vinegar'. What more do you need.

Well. I am banned for life from Simon's Fish and Chips.

Surprisingly, they are still in business.

Now, there are two Bookazines in Jomtien. I really think there is a great need for at least one Watsons or Boots and the first one would do very well. Now, if ten of them opened, thats another story.

I don't go to Starbucks anymore because I refuse to pay more for a coffee here than in the US, but I do think at least one Starbucks is kind of a demographic marker that an area has arrived. I imagine if that Ocean One Tower Albatross is ever built, it will surely have a Starbucks in its luxury mall area.

Edited by Jingthing

The answer is Jomtien does not have any shopping malls, yet.

I think all the land off beach road has been purchased by speculators who now want too much money, the second road is the answer.

Just wish there was some control on building and zoning which could make Jomtien a nice place, the problem is developers seem to have a habit of getting officials to look the other way.

BB

Good point, perhaps you should consider opening a franchise! Then there's the likes of McDonalds....Burger King......? will they make an appearance?

On a positive note, Jomtien has got the likes of Simons Fish & Chips and an underpant shop curiously named 'Vinegar'. What more do you need.

We have lots of 7-11's. Isn't that enough?

The KFC couldn't make it. That ought to give you a hint why other franchises don't want to take a chance. Hopefully it will remain too small to attract the Boots and other stores you seem to be fond of. Go out to Sukhumvit road and visit the Tesco Lotus. If you can't find it there, go into Pattaya.

The KFC couldn't make it. That ought to give you a hint why other franchises don't want to take a chance. Hopefully it will remain too small to attract the Boots and other stores you seem to be fond of. Go out to Sukhumvit road and visit the Tesco Lotus. If you can't find it there, go into Pattaya.

Any reason I can find to avoid taking a baht bus.

I never said anything about wanting fast food joints: KFC or burgers but I am sure they also will come one day. You can't fight the urbanization of this entire area.

We dont want a starbucks, in Jomtien.

or the type of people that hang out at starbucks.

:o

......would you care to expand on that statement and tell us the type of people who you are talking about.?

Not with you.

So you have no exciting revelations that could enlighten us as to the type of people that you referred to in your previous post. It looks as though we haven`t missed anything then.....just normal coffee drinkers I guess.

Just go to it on beach road pattaya, sit down, look and listen

You will then get an idea of what im on about.

Mostly one nationality.

Long white socks, white trainers. Shorts way to short.

Baseball cap.

Ray bans.

Marlboro light, hanging out the corner of the gob.

Piss, winging and moaning about everything in pattaya and the cost of coffee.

Please go and report back with your findings.

Thanks foxy.

Just go to it on beach road pattaya, sit down, look and listen

You will then get an idea of what im on about.

Mostly one nationality.

Long white socks, white trainers. Shorts way to short.

Baseball cap.

Ray bans.

Marlboro light, hanging out the corner of the gob.

Piss, winging and moaning about everything in pattaya and the cost of coffee.

Please go and report back with your findings.

Thanks foxy.

Well last month I must have been in Starbucks at least 8 times. I use the one at the bottom of Beach Road. I enjoy the cafe latte as does my wife. Never heard any moaners and the smokers if any sit at the tables provided outside.

A mixture of nationalities and couples and not a long pair of white socks to be seen. :o