How To Stop Flies Gathering Around Food

Totster

bags filled with water Bottles filled with water..........

YES they keep away many things, it is a known fact that pacing bottles of water around the garden will keep the cats away, Likewise if dogs pee on your car wheels place a bottle of water next to each tyre, appears not to work to well as many Thai dogs like to pee on plastic

Found also that placing bottles of water around the pond keeps away birds and cats from eating the fish..

I worked for me for that past 30 odd years

So yes why not flies, snakes etc.......... anyone know of a way to keep the worm out of wood? Pest control spray every 4 weeks, but still the wood is being eaten away

worms eating what kind of wood ? your garden chairs or trees ?

Kitchen ALL units up and down, ALL doors and door frames,[so far had to replace 4 doors + done major repairs on 3 door frames] staircase, windows and frames, house was built 4 years ago this month

That is with a yearly contract with Pest control that spray house and garden every month, all the other 62 houses in the Village are just as bad, my Parki floors are fine but a few have worm in the floors as well.

look at <sorry - no links> (don't know how to insert a link :D )

they are in Phuket, but believe they sell/ send nationwide

very informative the website. Tried myself some products a few years back and excellent result (however NOT tried the wood protection ones) !

good luck and post yopur experiences

Seppl :o

yeah since the link was taken out then goggle for tcm-asia or PM me :D

just wanted to help for **** sake

Here in the land of the morning calm, I often see plastic disposable gloves full of water hanging from the ceilings in restaurants and homes. At first I thought it was some type of Buddhist belief, but was later told it kept the flies away. Probably similar principle to the bags of water, but looks alot better when hanging from the ceiling.

• 2 months later...
buy a dried squid and place it AWAY from the food in some corner. The flies will have a conference there and not be interested in your food. Works. (exception: a high content of Kapi in your food, tempting the flies over the squid)

Well this appears to agree with what I've been taught.

To keep the flies out of your kitchen, just place a bucket of shit in your living room.

Yes!! Yorkie or if you want to be a little upmarket rather than placing an open bucket in the living room - just don't bother to wipe(wash) your arse for a day or so before the shindig always worked out in the bush. Also makes more sense than bottles & plastic bags filled with water.

I laughed about the CD's hanging from a string. I had bought a box of budget Princo CD's so I had a LOT of useless coasters. We extended the roof from the back of our house and my wife cooks out there. There are now 7 back to back CD's hanging from the roof and no flies. The water bags would have been the next thing but there is no need now.