Winamp For Windows Mobile

kevc

Is it possible to get Winamp for Windows 5.0 for my PDA phone. The reason being I just copied a video from my computer that opens with Winamp, but it will not open with the Windows Media player on my phone, if not possible would I need to convert the video to another format ,it shows as an Winamp media file.

Any help much appreciated.

What format is it in? You may just need a codec for it.

Thanks for the reply, it says it's a winamp media file and the audio is mpeg layer 3, sorry but thats all I can figure out, I usually just press the buttons.

Guest Reimar

Go to the Download of TV and look for the Program WinamPAQ which is a Winamp for PDA with mobile Windows.

I just uploaded the prog.

Cheers

on a related note, check out some of the mobile apps that let you use your phone as a bluetooth remote for winamp on your pc. It's quite nice, you can see and manipulate your whole library from the phone and control playback and playlists. a great party trick...

i forget the name of the software, my friend gave me a little demo on his phone. I can ask if you are interested and can't locate it.

my preferred player for windows mobile is ( TCPMP - google it ) you do have to add some plugins for some of the wilder codecs out there and you cannot play windows media ( wmv ) files.

also if you want to stream ( or browse ) via wifi get a free program called totalcommanderCE. I watch movies at 640x480 ( vga) with TCPMP streamed over the wifi network.

on a related note, check out some of the mobile apps that let you use your phone as a bluetooth remote for winamp on your pc.

I have used Bemused with winamp but it required mrouter to be installed on your computer - if you use mrouter search for mrouter beta3. Bemused can also be used to control powerpoint presentations.