Huge Building At Night Bazaar; What Is It Going To Be?

whatsupdoc

The new Meridian Hotel

heres the link

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/p...propertyID=1950

mer1950wb1_md.jpg

dont think the hotel will sit in open space like that as the night market stalls will still be there :o

incidently, the shops that are along the border of the hotel will be gone by next month I believe, but the ones on wheels- stalls will still be there.

Looks stunning on the picture.

BTW, did everyone notice that the apartmenty looking building on the Canal Road is in fact a Best Western Hotel! Has a web url but it's just a placeholder site saying it will open next month. (November).

Exciting times!!

Further down the road on Chang Klan road also the "Shangri La ' (looks pretty amazing ) and

a bit further also in construction a hotel from 'Beer Chang' , so these two betewwn meridien and the Park Hotel .

It is getting busy on Chang Klan .

Further down the road on Chang Klan road also the "Shangri La ' (looks pretty amazing ) and

a bit further also in construction a hotel from 'Beer Chang' , so these two betewwn meridien and the Park Hotel .

It is getting busy on Chang Klan

As I understand it the Meridian is owned by beer Chang.

Unfortunately the colour is not quite so nice as the picture, it is rather a sickly yellow.

It is getting busy on Chang Klan

As I understand it the Meridian is owned by beer Chang.

Unfortunately the colour is not quite so nice as the picture, it is rather a sickly yellow.

seems like a lot is owned by a "beer" in this town. :o

wonder when Tiger Beer would own something here!

Edited by tigerbeer

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Beer Chang owns the Imperial Hotel group, Anusarn market, Meridien Hotel and maybe a few other bits and pieces.

Does anyone know if they are restoring the old house on the piece of land on the river , before the iron bridge; I heard Beer C had bought that too, but source not very credible. The land looks as though they have turned it into a car park and hopefully they won't pull that old house down.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Beer Chang owns the Imperial Hotel group, Anusarn market, Meridien Hotel and maybe a few other bits and pieces.

Does anyone know if they are restoring the old house on the piece of land on the river , before the iron bridge; I heard Beer C had bought that too, but source not very credible. The land looks as though they have turned it into a car park and hopefully they won't pull that old house down.

add Kalare Food & Shopping centre as well

add Kalare Food & Shopping centre as well

Ahh that's right , I knew I had forgotten something!!

It looks very much like it is coming down. By the look of it they will need to be quick (to pull it down before it falls down)

I don't think it is a very good example of Thai architecture in any event.

It looks very much like it is coming down. By the look of it they will need to be quick (to pull it down before it falls down)

I don't think it is a very good example of Thai architecture in any event.

A Thai friend told me that "Mr Beer Chang" is investing all his zillions in hotels as apparently he cannot transfer any money out of Thailand due to legal ramifications with Carlsberg.