Small Business In Thailand, Import & Export.

soundman

I would love to see a forum dedicated to "Small Business in Thailand, Import & Export." under the "Business in Thailand, Jobs in Thailand." heading on Thai Visa.

I think a large number of expats living in Thailand, who are allready running small business's, those that are currently in employment, however planning to move into business in the future & many people who are planning on moving to Thailand to "set-up shop" would be interested in seeing a more centralised area for this category of discussion.

For me it would help collect general discussion about doing small business, and every day news articles & political decisions that affect small business in Thailand, from several other sections of TV & keep all relevant information in a more easily accessable area.

Would any other TV members be interested in a forum dedicated to small business in Thailand?

Cheers and thanx for your support. :o

Soundman.

I would love to see a forum dedicated to "Small Business in Thailand, Import & Export." under the "Business in Thailand, Jobs in Thailand." heading on Thai Visa.

I think a large number of expats living in Thailand, who are allready running small business's, those that are currently in employment, however planning to move into business in the future & many people who are planning on moving to Thailand to "set-up shop" would be interested in seeing a more centralised area for this category of discussion.

For me it would help collect general discussion about doing small business, and every day news articles & political decisions that affect small business in Thailand, from several other sections of TV & keep all relevant information in a more easily accessable area.

Would any other TV members be interested in a forum dedicated to small business in Thailand?

Cheers and thanx for your support. :o

Soundman.

From my point of view it would seem like a sensible idea. I scroll through TV each day looking for threads about business and if there was a separate forum for small business in Thailand it would certainly save me some time. (Although I do enjoy scrolling through)

Personally I think it's better kept in the same forum as economy, banking and investment, since they are quite inter-related, and discussions on one matter quite often digress into another quite naturally. Also, the same argument could be (and has been) made for investment, so where do you draw the line ?

Personally I think it's better kept in the same forum as economy, banking and investment, since they are quite inter-related, and discussions on one matter quite often digress into another quite naturally. Also, the same argument could be (and has been) made for investment, so where do you draw the line ?

Have similar thoughts. It's swings and roundabouts for me. Investments, business, banking, economy are all areas I'm interested in, but I also like running my eyes down a snapshot of a single page for one general area.

If volumes picked up significantly, then I'd be more towards splitting into separate areas. For some of the sections with little traffc and few updates, it can be a bit disappointing/waste of time if nothing much changes in a day on that page's snapshot. On the other hand if too much changes, I don't often bother with the second page, so no doubt miss stuff - that said I can probably live with missing it :o

Another idea might be to put jobs somewhere else. Then business, banking, investment, economy would be a bit more concentrated. Most job related posts don't tend to be linked to economy/investment/business in general, so it's perhaps the odd one out, and might be more at home with the other job sections that already exist, while making the other 4 better focused

Edited by fletchthai68

Thanx for all your feedback on this subject. Much appreciated.

My personal feeling is that while a lot of the subjects are inter-related, one tends to get lost in amongst ATM threads, banking issues, credit cards etc.

I would love to see a forum which is dedicated to people wanting to set up everything from bookshops to bars, 7-11's to wood manufacturing business's. To those that want to fill up the odd container of Thai handicrafts to finance their three month holiday to Thailand etc...

Threads on staffing issues, setup structures for small business - most people who are married to Thai's dont need to go the company route etc.

Threads on potential pitfalls of running a small business in Thailand such as many of the blunders I have posted on in the past. How people handle the more "dubious" angles of doing everyday business in Thailand when dealing with all the sharks out there etc.

How to handle situations when everything goes pear shaped, business partners walking out on you or changing the "rules" on a whim. Finding out that staff members have become a little too enterprising behind your backetc. Legal option availabe etc. What to do etc.

Cheers,

Soundman.

The naysayers will say that no one with a successful enterprise will want to say anything about their business... but I disagree. Sure, no one will be talking about trade secrets, but I think a place to discuss common everyday problems and issues would be beneficial for all. I've actually taken more than a few concepts from this and other web forums over the past decade and applied them to varying degrees of benefit to several of my businesses.

:o

Agree with Soundman

Guess a lot of small biz people are not interested in the High finace sectors, international abnking etc etc

saves time scrolling and anybody can post their daily problems and successes, questions and answers, what to do and where to do

Trade secrets? sure somehow, but why not implement a good biz running in Chiang Mai to Phuket or vice versa ?

:o:D Seppl

P.S.. Soundman, since you started the topic (and I learned today :D that you are the OP), why not issue a poll on that subject ?

One assumption for a new section would be, there are enough people on here running small businesses. So count me in.

I would find it quite useful and it really is rather separate to banking , investing etc, which I also find useful but is in another one of my brains compartments.

I have suggested a sub-forum in the business section focusing on transportation issues, Import/export etc. before. Being in the freight forwarding business and thus able to give professional advise I also offered to moderate this section to put not more burden on the mods' shoulders. I also sugarcoated this offer with a TV sponsorship from our company. I submitted this directly to a moderator without public discussion.

That was about half a year ago and the feedback I got was that mod and admin felt that there is not enough demand for such a forum.

If Mod/Admin feel that the times are better for such a forum, my offer still stands.

raro

The naysayers will say that no one with a successful enterprise will want to say anything about their business... but I disagree. Sure, no one will be talking about trade secrets, but I think a place to discuss common everyday problems and issues would be beneficial for all. I've actually taken more than a few concepts from this and other web forums over the past decade and applied them to varying degrees of benefit to several of my businesses.

:o

That is exactly it Heng. I am not about to give out my company secrets, however am more than happy to provide advice or summaries of situations about everyday operation of small business in Thailand from my perspective.

Also hope to learn more along the way. :D

One assumption for a new section would be, there are enough people on here running small businesses. So count me in.

I would find it quite useful and it really is rather separate to banking , investing etc, which I also find useful but is in another one of my brains compartments.

Thanx for chipping in here Sally. Was going to PM you to ask your opinion, however, youve beaten me to the punch. :o

I have suggested a sub-forum in the business section focusing on transportation issues, Import/export etc. before. Being in the freight forwarding business and thus able to give professional advise I also offered to moderate this section to put not more burden on the mods' shoulders. I also sugarcoated this offer with a TV sponsorship from our company. I submitted this directly to a moderator without public discussion.

That was about half a year ago and the feedback I got was that mod and admin felt that there is not enough demand for such a forum.

If Mod/Admin feel that the times are better for such a forum, my offer still stands.

raro

I'm with you raro. Double team effort. Two for the price of one? Me for the business, you for the freight business? :o

Seriously, I think a trial run would be good & if doesn't get the "traffic" - "can" it.

I'm prepared to put in the effort required to make it work.

Thanx to all contributors on this thread. More suggestions / opinions appreciated.

Cheers,

Soundman.

Forum setup!

SME Business in Thailand

Description:

Business start-ups, SME's, transportation issues, import/export.

No visa/work permit issues in this forum branch, please.

Have fun!

Wow! TV working at F1 speed.

Thankyou very much for that george.

Those out there with small business interests please support this forum.

Link to new forum.

Cheers and thanx to all,

Soundman.