Coke Zero?

Coke Zero is, but I haven't seen Sprite Zero yet. Pepsi Max is also quite common.

7-Eleven have them all.

Well that was quick everyone thanks.

Can't stand Pepsi Max either.

Coke/Sprite Zero is the only one I have struck that doesnt' give that foul after taste.

I can't taste any improvement from Diet Coke to Coke Zero, still has this bitter after taste. For me, I prefer regular Coke, with some lemon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen SPRITE ZERO lately, but I cant remember where that was.... been to too many Asian countries in the past 6 weeks..... I think it was in a 7/11 in HongKong or Macau..... wonder why they dont sell it anywhere else.... its good....

about the Coke / Pepsi thing: Coke light s+cked as much as a drink can s+ck, Coke Zero is an improvement in my opinion, though Pepsi Max is by far the best. But: Only the THAI Pepsi-Maxxxxx. The Malaysian Pepsi-Maxxxxx for example, is HORRIBLE, even worse than the old nasty Coke Light. as an addition, in Malaysia they still sell Pepsi Light, which is not really yummy, but at least better than their version of Pepsi Max.

I'm actually in HK having a Coke Light Lemon - and actually it's very good! Not available in Thailand though, so usually I buy Pepsi Max and squeeze a wedge of lime into the cup.

Must go look for Sprite Zero. But after tasting Coke Zero in Thailand, I'm leery of Coke Zero everywhere.

Google: ASPARTAME (sweetener) and you may not be so fond of Coke Zero

lol... been there, done that - but how about saccharin?

Until someone starts making drinks with Splenda, or even natural low-calorie sweeteners, there isn't exactly a lot of choice at the moment...

Until someone starts making drinks with Splenda, or even natural low-calorie sweeteners, there isn't exactly a lot of choice at the moment...

Heiniken :o

I'm actually in HK having a Coke Light Lemon - and actually it's very good! Not available in Thailand

oh yeah, now that u mention it, I remember that I had that too, much better taste than all other DIET drinks ...... but it MUST have been HongKong where I came acros that Sprite Light.....

but its true that all those ASPARTAME's and SACCHARIN's of the world are not the nicest things to consume frequently..... I guess I have to buy Apple-Juice (so expensive! why?) and SINGHA's Soda-water in bulks during my next visit to MAKRO and make a nice refreshing and healthy MIX in the future, instead of letting the ASPARTAME-army invade my body.....

Edited by THAILIBAN

I'm actually in HK having a Coke Light Lemon - and actually it's very good! Not available in Thailand

oh yeah, now that u mention it, I remember that I had that too, much better taste than all other DIET drinks ...... but it MUST have been HongKong where I came acros that Sprite Light.....

but its true that all those ASPARTAME's and SACCHARIN's of the world are not the nicest things to consume frequently..... I guess I have to buy Apple-Juice (so expensive! why?) and SINGHA's Soda-water in bulks during my next visit to MAKRO and make a nice refreshing and healthy MIX in the future, instead of letting the ASPARTAME-army invade my body.....

Sprite Light I've had in HK before. Can't say I liked it that much though.

Half Apple Juice/half soda is still 60 calories more than Aspartame... kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Try coffee with one teaspoon of sugar - 15 calories, 25 if a heaped teaspoon. I can almost see sugar used instead of aspartame in coffee, but in carbonated drinks, no way.

If you're in Manila - and you can find it - Diet Mountain Dew. That wasn't bad. But to tell you the truth, if they ever bring Mountain Dew or Code Red to Thailand... I give up diet drinks.

Edited by onethailand

• 3 weeks later...

Both have had a bad rap over the last 20 years. That's right - almost as old as some of you posting here.

Sacharin was linked to cancer more than 2 decades ago. Aspartame (used in diet drinks like Diet Coke for the last 15 or so years), was linked (by some) to seizures.

Coke Zero, as far as I can tell - and I'm old enough to know this (as you can tell by the last two sentences) - tastes very much like TAB, Coca-Cola's diet drink prior to Diet Coke. Maybe someone will check that..

In summary, why do you want to drink ANY of that crap? Do you not have many, many other choices of beverages that don;t involve chemicals?

TG2

By the way, in case you are not aware, the big PR companies and the big companies themselves, pay people to troll through all these web boards on the Web to counter and spin client's products and do damage control pretneding to be 'regular' surfers. So take everything you see on Web-boards with a grain of salt..YOU are the best judge of things - not someone else.

By the way, in case you are not aware, the big PR companies and the big companies themselves, pay people to troll through all these web boards on the Web to counter and spin client's products and do damage control pretneding to be 'regular' surfers. So take everything you see on Web-boards with a grain of salt..YOU are the best judge of things - not someone else.

Or a squeeze of lemon?

Some of us Americans on Social Security can remember cyclamate, the earlier artificial sweetener that was banned, supposely because one laboratory rate in a thousand developed cancer after being fed the human equivalent of 398 liters per day of diet cola. We are surrounded by chemicals such as H20 and oxygen and nitrogen. My father made big profits selling coconut oil by the thousand pounds. Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate could have been advised, "CHEMICALS!" instead of "PLASTICS!" We will all die when the chemicals in our body stop functioning. My veins bleed Aspertame, now that I'm taking 300 mg of aspirin daily.

Coke Zero, as far as I can tell - and I'm old enough to know this (as you can tell by the last two sentences) - tastes very much like TAB, Coca-Cola's diet drink prior to Diet Coke. Maybe someone will check that..

Haha... you're right, the taste is not far off at all. I know because my dad was diabetic and we always had Tab or Fresca around the house (Fresca was way the heck better). Tab has to be the worst carbonated drink I have ever tasted.