Does The Address Matter?

I'm a citizen of P.R.China. I just came back from Thailand to apply for another visa. I heard from my friends in Thailand that, the policy changes again. The address specified on the Non-B visa must be in accordance with that of the company you will work for, or else it can't be change into work permit. I want to apply the visa first and then find a job when I'm in Thailand. If the policy changes, it's nearly impossible for me to go to Thailand before I can find a job there.

My question is, does the address specified on the visa matter if it's not in accordance with that of the company you will work for.

Thank you very much.

Thank you for your reply.

I came to Thailand on a tourist visa. But they told me that it's impossible for them to change tourist visa into non-b. That is why I have to come back to China.

In fact, I can obtain a non-b visa even I don't have a job. My friends who came to Thailand on non-b didn't need to come back, because they can get their visa changed.

Does what the Thai Consulate in Los Angles said means that, since the non-b visa is applied when you don't have a job in Thailand, it can be changed into work permit, because the address is not the same as your company. Therefore, he advise people to go to Thailland on a tourist visa?

Don't worry about that right now. You can't obtain a Non-B visa without a job. The Thai Consulate in Los Angles advises people to come to Thailand on a tourist visa if they want to look for a job.

It is not normal to obtain a non immigrant B visa unless you are a businessman with a letter of introduction (company sponsorship) or have a letter from a prospective employer/company paperwork. They do not issue them to go looking for work. So if you have the paperwork to obtain the non immigrant B visa there should not be any problem if later you decide to work for another company if that is what you are asking.