60 Day Tourist Visa From Oz

I am thinking of applying for a 60 day double entry tourist visa to Thailand. I am in Australia at the mo'.

- how difficult is this to get?

- can I get one thru the consulate in Perth or do I have to apply thru the embassy?

- what is a good enough reason to get one?

Anyone ever done this in Perth?

At this stage i want the visa for tourist purposes only - this may change after I have been in Thailand for a while but I will do whatever is necessary visa-wise if that occurs. I intend to always stay legit.

Thanks for the help....

Perth's a doddle IME. Tell them you have a Thai g/f and they'll probably give you a longer Non-imm Visa! < I'm not going to get told off for saying this am I?

If you do go for a Non Immigrant O visa it might be best to give your reason as visiting friends as opposed to visiting Thai G/F, it shouldnt make a difference it just sounds better in my opinion. :o

Actually my fiance is in Thailand.

Is there really a good chance I could get a non-imm 'O'?

If yes, what would I need to show the consulate here?

(we've been engaged since Nov 03, she's been here to Perth for 2.5 months, my family can vouch for her - do these things count for anything?)

Should I really push it and ask for a multi entry non-imm 'O'?

Your advice is GREATLY appreciated.

You/ll get the Non Imm O in Oz no problem, some consulates are stricter than others (Oz isnt one of them). If you want to put Visiting Thai G/F go ahead......i just personally think visiting friends is better. Your Thai G/f adds nothing to your application, you/ll get a Non Imm O regardless..........yes go for the multi entry ,it will give you a year stay here with a border run every 90 days.

i got the same problem/question... only does that work for switzerland as well ?

i really am visiting friends so... :o

Sorry i have heard no reports about the Thai Embassy in Switzerland.......just had a quick look at their web site, it doesnt look very helpful!

I just got my Non Immigrant "O" visa this week in Adelaide. 90 days to visit my Thai wife.

Had to produce marriage certificate, passport, passport photo, fillin a large form, give details of where I would be staying, show my travel details and dates, and pay a $90 AUD fee.

Took about 20 minutes with all the chit chat.

:o

Question:  if i visit thailand from oz for say 34 days do i need a visa or just pay the overstay fees on departure.  Will my "record" be flagged as an overstayer which i presume would work against me on future visits?

Your passport will be stamped for the overstay,it might be frowned upon, but it shouldnt affect any future visits. That said i would advise you to pay the money and get a tourist visa.......even 1 days overstay could get you locked up if you are "caught" before reaching the airport on the way back......its not worth the risk!

i got the same problem/question... only does that work for switzerland as well ?

i really am visiting friends so...  :o

Give it a try in Zurich, which should be easier than Geneva or Bern.

But no real experience, except my Swiss daughter who got a single entry tourist within 10 minutes.

If you are not too far away, try Karlsruhe in D.

This is a small honorary consulate.