Penang Closed Oct. 23?

I've got to do a run on the 23rd. Is the thai embassy in penang closed on the 23rd of october because of the thai holiday? Also, will the holiday the day before make it overly crowded on the 24th?

Yes, the Thai Consulate is definitely closed on October 23.

Some would disagree, but why not leave on the 24th October? You won't pay any penalty at the airport. I've done this twice times already over the last 18 months.

If you leave on the 24th (the same day I'm leaving), you'll have to return on the 26th because there is no afternoon return flight on the 25th, so book an extra night's accommodation.

You really should plan these trips at least 1 month in advance because it makes a big difference to the price of the airfares.

The best you can do if you leave on 24th and book today is 5173 baht return.

If you leave on 22nd and return on 24th, you'll be paying 5473 baht return.

If you booked last month you could have done the return trip for 3275 baht....I could have got it even cheaper if I booked a few weeks earlier. One of the legs cost me 1 baht.

http://www.bank-holidays.com/

before you make visa runs, check this site to see if there are either thai or malaysian holidays as the consulate will be closed if there are either. As for you tropo, did you ever consider sleeping on the street in Penang? you could really save some cash that way. LOL

You call yourself the Professor on here, but it's obvious you're a fool.

How do you equate a 2,000 baht saving on an airfare (by planning ahead 4 weeks) to sleeping on the street? Idiot!

What I'm giving here is sound advice that people planning to do visa runs should book 4 weeks ahead to get good prices.

Just FYI, I pay for 2 as my GF also requires a visa. Work it out Einstein...I saved 4,000 baht by booking 4 weeks ahead.

That site you gave to work out Consulate holidays is useless. It's better to stay in contact with an agent who lives in Penang to find out the holidays.

Edited by tropo

http://www.bank-holidays.com/

before you make visa runs, check this site to see if there are either thai or malaysian holidays as the consulate will be closed if there are either. As for you tropo, did you ever consider sleeping on the street in Penang? you could really save some cash that way. LOL

You call yourself the Professor on here, but it's obvious you're a fool.

How do you equate a 2,000 baht saving on an airfare (by planning ahead 4 weeks) to sleeping on the street? Idiot!

What I'm giving here is sound advice that people planning to do visa runs should book 4 weeks ahead to get good prices.

Just FYI, I pay for 2 as my GF also requires a visa. Work it out Einstein...I saved 4,000 baht by booking 4 weeks ahead.

That site you gave to work out Consulate holidays is useless. It's better to stay in contact with an agent who lives in Penang to find out the holidays.

Put a cork in it tropo, no need for personal attacks. You are violating thaivisa rules. Not very nice my good friend

Put a cork in it tropo, no need for personal attacks. You are violating thaivisa rules. Not very nice my good friend

Ok my good friend, let me rephase the question:

How does saving almost 2,000 baht on an airfare to Penang indicate that I'm the type of person who would possibly sleep on a street to save money?

or:

Who prefers to pay 2,000 extra for an airfare to Penang if they can save that much through a little simple planning.

Obviously you're not the type to plan ahead, but it's not that difficult really. I just use my laptop to book the ticket with my credit card...it's really easy.

Ok my good friend, let me rephase the question:

How does saving almost 2,000 baht on an airfare to Penang indicate that I'm the type of person who would possibly sleep on a street to save money?

or:

Who prefers to pay 2,000 extra for an airfare to Penang if they can save that much through a little simple planning.

Obviously you're not the type to plan ahead, but it's not that difficult really. I just use my laptop to book the ticket with my credit card...it's really easy.

I put off booking my flight to Penang, waiting until the 8th to book for the 24th. It cost me 5,095 baht, which worked out to USD 41 more than I paid the last time.

Also, for the first time ever, I booked a hotel in advance. The Malaysia. They sent me an e-mail back saying they had only superior rooms at a promotion price of 110 ringit per night. I told them to go ahead and book me one of those, but I think I'm going to look around and change after the first night or so.

After all that expense, I hope I get my visa :o