Really Confused

I have a non O multi entry (family) Permit to enter.

Every 90 days i exit the country and get another 90 day visa.

My current visa has 30 days left. Can I apply for an extension of this visa now or do I wait until my permit to enter has 30 days left to run? If I get an extension on my visa I then need to get a permit to travel if I want to leave the country - correct?

Or am I getting confused which thing in my passport is the visa?

Read loads of posts but just getting more and more confused

What you obtain from the Consulate is the visa and it has an issued date and a valid until date on it. You can enter anytime during that period and receive a 90 day permitted to stay stamp from Immigration.

You can extend a 90 day stamp from Immigration during the last 30 days of its validity at an Immigration office if you meet the requirements (which include 40k per month family income). You can do that only any 90 day entry - so it could be early in your visa validity or after you visa has expired (during the last 90 day stay that you obtained just before it expired).

Once you receive an extension of stay stamp you will require a re-entry permit to keep it alive if you exit the country.

What you obtain from the Consulate is the visa and it has an issued date and a valid until date on it. You can enter anytime during that period and receive a 90 day permitted to stay stamp from Immigration.

You can extend a 90 day stamp from Immigration during the last 30 days of its validity at an Immigration office if you meet the requirements (which include 40k per month family income). You can do that only any 90 day entry - so it could be early in your visa validity or after you visa has expired (during the last 90 day stay that you obtained just before it expired).

Once you receive an extension of stay stamp you will require a re-entry permit to keep it alive if you exit the country.

thanks for clearing that up.