Home Address For Extension

We are staying in a hotel in Jomtien untill our new house is ready in December . Can I use the hotel address on the TM7 form to extend my o visa to retirement?

If not can I use our old address ( in Trang down south) on the form? My inlaws still live there and my wife is still on the house paper .

P

We are in a serviced appt in Jomtien if that makes any difference

Edited by pontious

Thanks Lopburi3 - again!!!

P

oops! just remembered -the proof of income letter from the consulate has our Trang address on it . If we put the Jomtien hotel address on the TM7 application form will that be a problem?

p

Had assumed "the new house" was going to be in Jomtien but if Trang that should probably be your address of record and then change to the new address. If you are going to be in Pattaya/Jomtien area would use the hotel and have the proposed address to show. My bank letter does not have any address so never ran into that. Sometimes wonder if they even know it (one letter in ten years).

Had assumed "the new house" was going to be in Jomtien but if Trang that should probably be your address of record and then change to the new address. If you are going to be in Pattaya/Jomtien area would use the hotel and have the proposed address to show. My bank letter does not have any address so never ran into that. Sometimes wonder if they even know it (one letter in ten years).

lopburi3- We have bought a house in Jomtien but cant move in untill mid December. Staying in a hotel till then.

It was the proof of income letter from the british consulate that I was concerned about because that shows my wifes

address in Trang where we were living when we got the letter.

I have not done the bank letter yet-next week.

Could I just put our address of our new house on the T7? or a letter from the developer saying it is our house.

P

Sorry misread on my part. Embassy letter could potentially cause a problem but believe it will be up to other factors if they require a new one. Normally they are not too demanding on retirement extensions of stay. There is no reason you have to fill in the address early - ask them if you should use the present hotel or future home address and then enter it. That way they know you are trying to do it right. Take documents for new home that might show the address as they might ask to see them.

edit: If wife is present with you and can supply a copy of her home register (Trang address) it might also be useful.

Hey, why are you asking us?

Ask at the immigration office when you apply.

Don't forget to report your address (similar to the 90 day report) at the hotel and then when you move back to the house, you need to inform them again within 24 hours.

But don't take my word for it.