90 Day Reporting

I got my work permit at the end of July and got a notice stapled in my passport about going to imm. in 90 days. I left Thailand and came back at the end of August but the notice wasn't changed or replaced.

So, my question is do I still have to go to immigration at the end of October, the original date, or is it 90 days from my last entry?

Thanks in advance

I got my work permit at the end of July and got a notice stapled in my passport about going to imm. in 90 days. I left Thailand and came back at the end of August but the notice wasn't changed or replaced.

So, my question is do I still have to go to immigration at the end of October, the original date, or is it 90 days from my last entry?

Thanks in advance

Hi

I've experienced the same coming back from my trips abroad. But because I just can't be bothered going to the immigration office too often. I just bin that little piece of paper and start fresh with another 3 months. Done this dozens of times. Never had a problem. And yes it is 90 days again from your last entry.

Good luck

Edited by Flow

As a follow up to this topic:

If one has a work permit, then they are still required to go to Immigration to submit a re-entry permit before leaving Thailand, in order to allow them permission to return to Thailand. So, one still needs to go to Immigration at some point....for 90 day reporting, or for re-entry permits. Right?

If you are using visas (90 day border or Consulate runs) you do not require re-entry permits. The re-entry is only required if you need to keep your current permitted to stay until date (normally applicable to extensions of stay). On multi visa entry you do not need 90 day reports or re-entry permits for travel.

lopburi, i came out here oct 26 last year on a non b multi for the purposes of work.

it was mid december before my work permit was finalised and along with that my non b was extended as well ( both expire 31/12/07)

iam required to do the 90 day reporting is this because my non b was extended.

Yes. It is because of your extension of stay. You stay here longer than 90 days now so you have to report your address any time it reaches 90 days. On a (not extended) non immigrant visa entry you only get 90 days max so you don't have to do those reports.

Thanks in advance

The notice in your passport about going to immigration could be either a deadline for you to do an extension of stay (form TM7), or a reminder for the 90-day report.

I think we need the following information to give a proper answer:

1. When you did your work permit in July, did you also do an extension of stay (form TM7) at the immigration office?

2. If yes, did you do a re-entry permit at the same time? Single or multiple? A re-entry permit is a big rectangle stamp taking half a page in the passport.

3. What is the "admitted until" date on the latest entry stamp in your passport (the one you got when you came back to Thailand in August)?

Edited by pete_r

True. What I'm trying to establish is whether the notice stapled in the OP's passport is really about 90-day reporting, or something else like a deadline for an extension of stay. I think the opening post is ambiguous on that.

pete_r in reply to your questions,

1 When I got the work permit my visa got extended until july 2008.

2 Yes I got a single re entry permit.

3 The admitted until date is July 08

The bit of paper is about reporting but just got a bit confused when they didn't take it out or change it.

Thanks for all the replies and i'm thankful i don't have to trek down to suan plu for a while yet!

Ok, so the notice is indeed for 90-day reporting, and the date for the trek to the immigration office has been pushed back to end of November due to the re-entry in August (date of re-entry + 90 days).

My apologies for being tedious...