Endless Pool

Brigante7

Obviously depending on your housing situation you should be able to build your own, which i think would be preferable.

You would just need to work out the flow rate required and build the jets in the correct position and a pump capable of the needed flow rate.

I would do it this way as you can install a tap to divert water into other jets to create a whirlpool, a jacuzzi effect, add a removable length of pipe in the centre to create a fountain of rain for the kids etc etc the options are endless :o

There is Desjulox [sp?], located across from the toyota dealer near airport plaza....a french company that sells and installs pools, rather high priced, but looks lile good quality and concept....the pump, filter, steps, inlet and outlet are in a unit that hangs inside the pool sort of like an outboard motor on the inside of a boat. they are an international company and have a website....

just found their american website and correct spelling www.desjoyauxusa.com/residential_pools.htm

they have a display swimming pool at airport plaza.

• 3 years later...

i think endless pools (swim in place against a current) use a propeller at one end and a big water return channel down the side which can be used as a seating area.

jets create too much turbulence and are uncomfortable to swim against, you want a nice steady current from a big, slow spinning prop, usually about 16" or so on a 3 to 5HP motor

i'm thinking about designing my own.

i think endless pools (swim in place against a current) use a propeller at one end and a big water return channel down the side which can be used as a seating area.

jets create too much turbulence and are uncomfortable to swim against, you want a nice steady current from a big, slow spinning prop, usually about 16" or so on a 3 to 5HP motor

i'm thinking about designing my own.

thinking about it a bit more, a prop in the water and a big return channel sounds like a major pain in the a$$ to implement.

i wonder if a using several (4 or more) low power pumps, each connected to one or more 2" inlets and outlets would produce enough volume of flow over a large area at a slow speed to get the same result as the propeller but with no crap in the water?