Very easy to open a bank account

Just back back from the LOS and for anyone wondering about opening a bank account there read on:

Walked into KRUNG THAI BANK pattaya and asked to open an account with a ATM and vias card, even though there was about 5/6 Thai's waiting I was ushered to the front and sat down even offered coffee.

They made copies of my passport and asked for an address locally, stating a hotel address they said do I want statements sent there and I said no I can get my balances from the atm machine when I need them.

Then I was given a ATM card with a withdrawal limit of 140,000 baht at any one time, total cost 150 baht and the whole process completed in 5 minutes.

So it is encouraging to find it so easy!

Sev

:cool:

Hi Sev,

140,000 from an ATM Machine at any one time?

The Cash Hole would have to be very big !

I think 20,000 is the highest amount that will

sqeeze through - at any one go on most machines.

But Krung Thai Bank certainly provided a good service.

Roger

I think what sevinnow meant is maximun withdrawal per day is 140,000 baht, and maximun withdrawal per transaction is 20,000 baht, same as most Thai banks.

Also sevinnow, are you use you can apply for a Thai VISA credit card, I thought foreigners are not allowed. Please enlighten us. :o

sevinnow,

You had better luck than I.  Last week I went to KT in Chiang Mai and they said that as of May 30 they needed a Thai to vouch for me.  Company policy.  I needed to come back with a Thai friend who had their ID card and something like a house certificate....

I didn't say anthing there, but my attitude is "###### 'em".  I went to Bangkok Bank and they opened one in about 10 mintues.