Cdma Bill Finally Arrives!

fiddlehead

Oh well, I guess i always knew this day was coming although i had no idea when.

Today my 1st ever bill arrived in the mail.

I signed up on March 13 and have been using the internet since. I even went in once and asked them why i got no bill and they said: Free Promotion.

The good news is that it is only for one month.

The bad news is that the connection speed has slowed down so much in the past month i am ready to upgrade.

Anyone else?

Went to the CAT office in Patong last week to update our address, and was told that the bills went out on the 25th of last month. We were also told that they started charging in August, and that we owed for 2 months (which we paid while we were there). Then, when the bill arrived today, it was for the month of August (only 1 month). Looks like they're billing 1 month (almost 2 months) in arrears.

One bright spot is that we were able to setup direct payment from a bank account. This is one of the rare vendors who actually has staff that knows how to do this. Filled out a form, took it to the bank, and returned the bank-approved copies to CAT. (We got a huge runaround trying to do this with UBC, and ended up having to do it at their HQ in Bangkok).

Thanks for the info - that's saved me a trip!

I'm still awaiting my 1st bill as well - I was going to go to the offices because I was worried about getting cut off but it sounds like this is normal so I'll just wait for the bill and pay however many months when it arrives...

I got a message a while ago informing me that billing will start (You can check your messages in the watcher software that comes with the card)

--------------------------------------------

Received: Thu 08/23/2007, 02:32 PM

Priority: Normal

Thank you for using CAT CDMA.

Your free promotion period has ended.

We start charging on Aug 1, 07.

--------------------------------------------

I still did not get a bill though.

Did you guys get the message, too?

Oh well, I guess i always knew this day was coming although i had no idea when.

Today my 1st ever bill arrived in the mail.

I signed up on March 13 and have been using the internet since. I even went in once and asked them why i got no bill and they said: Free Promotion.

The good news is that it is only for one month.

The bad news is that the connection speed has slowed down so much in the past month i am ready to upgrade.

Anyone else?

Upgrade to what? You must've seen from the other thread on CDMA that you would have to flog out another 11k to get an 'aircard' which may, or may not be faster at differing times of the day year month. I'm hanging it out until TOT get their act together and install some new 'phone lines. Hoping upon hope that they won't be tempted to ask pre'existing customers whether they want another line which said pre-existing customer will then sell on and make a nice profit.

Now I got my first bill, too.

What I am not happy about is that the roaming with the Hutch network in the Bangkok provinces is not yet working, I can't use the CAT card in Bangkok.

I went to a Hutch shop in Bangkok asking if they can register my card on their network so I can sign up use it in Bangkok, too (and pay monthly) but they insisted I also need to by a new card (exactly the same hardware) to use the CDMA service in the Hutch covered provinces incl Bangkok ...

At least in Bangkok in the Hutch store (at MBK) they would have signed me up without work permit, with CAT in Phuket I had to put the contract in a Thai persons name.

Did anyone try to get automatic debits set up by phone, instead of going to the CAT office? Considering what DrDave said I doubt it. On the back of the bill they say you can also pay it online, I didn't try that yet, did anyone?