Overstay/work Permit Ending

I've got a bit of a complicated problem (or at least one for which I can't find a clear answer).

I've got a Non ( B) visa and work permit, both expiring on Nov. 10, which will be my last day of work in Bangkok.

I'm then flying, on Nov. 17, to the UK for a week, coming back to Bangkok, and packing up and heading back to the U.S. (where I am a citizen) by Dec. 1.

I'm trying to figure out if I can just "overstay" my Non-B visa by seven days, pay the fine at the airport, and then get a tourist visa upon my arrival back in Bangkok for my last week or so here... Or will I need to make a visa run before leaving for the UK?

Anyone have experience with a situation like this?

Edited by timballwiz

i thought you automatically had 7 days to leave thailand once the work permit had run out/ revoked.

He has a Non imm B which expires on the 10th. No 7 day allowance on that unless he applies for a 7 day extension.

He should follow other posters advice and pay the 1900 baht for the 7 day extension. Why run any rsik over such a small amount of money? :o

i thought you automatically had 7 days to leave thailand once the work permit had run out/ revoked.

He has a Non imm B which expires on the 10th. No 7 day allowance on that unless he applies for a 7 day extension.

He should follow other posters advice and pay the 1900 baht for the 7 day extension. Why run any rsik over such a small amount of money? :)

An excellent point. Thanks for the advice.