Help!

Moonfruit

Im in a pickle.

Its time to get rid of the old Ford Escape, and to be honest, im not too bothered about that as it is a gas guzzling monster.

But heres the conundrum for me. She wants to buy Fortuner. Ive secretly sworn to myself long ago that i will never own a Fortuner as it seems that everybody and his brother drives them. While i know there is a good reason for this, ive allways been a bit of an individualist. (Forgetting the Escape of course!)

Her argument is the usual. Big, spacious, Japanese, high up (bearing in mind our soi floods pretty bad here in BKK when it rains), all in all a great family car that we can use for the business too.

My argument remains that everybody drives one! I know its not much of an argument, but im gonna stick with it anyway. I will even consider a Camry, as, yes, i know they are also very popular, but the interior is beautiful.

ANybody got any other models to consider? With the requirements listed above and a price range of just over a million? Im pretty sure that we will end up with Fortuner, but before i plump for it, i really wanna explore every option.

I just wish there was the same range of cars here that there are back home with the same prices!

Edited by Moonfruit

Im in a pickle.

Its time to get rid of the old Ford Escape, and to be honest, im not too bothered about that as it is a gas guzzling monster.

But heres the conundrum for me. She wants to buy Fortuner. Ive secretly sworn to myself long ago that i will never own a Fortuner as it seems that everybody and his brother drives them. While i know there is a good reason for this, ive allways been a bit of an individualist. (Forgetting the Escape of course!)

Her argument is the usual. Big, spacious, Japanese, high up (bearing in mind our soi floods pretty bad here in BKK when it rains), all in all a great family car that we can use for the business too.

My argument remains that everybody drives one! I know its not much of an argument, but im gonna stick with it anyway. I will even consider a Camry, as, yes, i know they are also very popular, but the interior is beautiful.

ANybody got any other models to consider? With the requirements listed above and a price range of just over a million? Im pretty sure that we will end up with Fortuner, but before i plump for it, i really wanna explore every option.

I just wish there was the same range of cars here that there are back home with the same prices!

Friend of mine just bought Isuzu MU7. I was thinking of fortuner as an option also but will certainly go for the Isuzu next year. Google one2car and you can find a good site to check vehicles. It's in Thai but use the drop down search options on upper right side of screen ( will then be in english ) to get lots of pics etc on interior....

I had my heart set on a truck but because of business decided we needed something more up market. My wife too wanted a Fortuner but like you thought there were too many of them and the thought of wandering round the car park wondering which black Fortuner was mine leaves me daunted.

I don't like any of the other major SUV's so I was at a loss. Then my neighbour in London bought the new Honda CRV. It is beautiful and similarly priced with the Fortuner (a bit more expensive). Yes I know it doesn't have a deisel but I can live with that. It is very well speced so thats the baby for me. I arrive in a couple of weeks and my first visit will be to Honda Ekkamai

Have you checked Captiva? Maybe not as spacios as Fortuner but it's a seven seater (CRV seats only five), it's got diesel, and it's based on a proper car platform, not a pickup.

If only the engine was as good as Fortuner's it would be a dream come true.

And it stands out of a Fortuners croud for sure.