Annoyed By Us Immigration Returning From Thailand

GottMogen

Yeah, I also use TrueCrypt.

The wiping is more for things like temporary internet files; like someone mails you a pic, or some website pops up and it's in there for months.

And don't just delete, but wipe. Use 'Eraser' for example.

Both TrueCrypt and Eraser are Free software.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I raised this point earlier but it seems to have been ignored by many, so let me raise it again.

1. Customs and immigration have an important job to do. Part of their job involves asking questions and/or possibly even searching you or your belongings.

I think most reasonable people would agree that while that might now always be pleasant, it has to be done and the agents are doing a job that has to be done.

2. It is not a part of their job to be curt or rude (esp. to children), make inappropriate comments about your religious/educational background, the country you chose to live in or visit, or the partner you married, etc.

It is the type of behavior covered in No. 2 that I and a lot of forum posters here have a problem with. If you always have a fine time breezing into and out of the US I am happy for you, but please don't insinuate that those of us who have suffered rude or unprofessional treatment belong to a group that thinks the entire process is unnecessary. There may indeed be people that feel that way, but in reading over the complaints here I found very few.

If you always have a fine time breezing into and out of the US I am happy for you, but please don't insinuate that those of us who have suffered rude or unprofessional treatment belong to a group that thinks the entire process is unnecessary.

As someone who has been SPAT ON,

I say SPOT ON.

ive been searched everysingle time ive gone home thru america. (going home to canada) sometimes they are rude and ignorant and some times they are polite. After i missed a few flights i got sick of it and will pay extra to go different routes and avoid america all together. The worst was on my old passport i had 12 stamps from burma and few from lao, those sons of bitches didnt like that shit very much and ripped my shit apart with a vengeance. Oh well what can you do? Last time i went thru there i just packed my bag with dirty clothes, drank as much as i could on the plane and just laughed in their faces when they tried to insult me.