Where Is Gazza?

ThaiPauly

What is he up to now..if not propping up some bar in Geordieland telling tales of past glory

Seriously though...we all liked him (I think) for many reasons.

He could have been one of the worlds best footballers, but he chose the path of Best and Maradonna, but did not get to be quite so famous, I could not see either of those two doing a DAZ commercial :D

last I heard was about a year ago when he got the sack for drinking whisky before the game in the dressing room as manager of a non-league team :o

Shame

taken from wiki:

Recent activities

In 2004 he published his autobiography Gazza: My Story, written with Hunter Davies. He published a follow-up book Being Gazza: Tackling My Demons in 2006.

In 2005, he made an emotional TV appearance on a BBC One programme about ex-footballers. Speaking to Scottish ex-footballer Alan Hansen, he talked about his problems and how he had had to cope with not being the player he used to be. He also mentioned he was determined to get back into the game by obtaining the proper coaching badges needed to manage a team.

On December 5, 2005, the day of his firing from Kettering Town, he was arrested after an alleged assault on a press photographer outside a hotel in Liverpool. The photographer later dropped these charges, but the same charge was again brought against him in November 2006 over an alleged incident in a London nightclub.

In August 2006, he visited Botswana on behalf of the FA's international outreach week and played football with the children from the SOS Children's village there.

In 2004 he stated that he wished to referred to as G8, combining his initial and his playing number.

In May 2007, he underwent emergency surgery on a perforated stomach ulcer, after falling ill during celebrating his 40th birthday.

He will be appearing in the Sci-Fi film Final Run which is scheduled for release in 2008.

Gascoigne also helped with fundraising activities for Megan Armstrong, a young girl who had been diagnosed with cancer.

He currently resides in Blackpool, Lancashire.

Gazza - Wiki

Think he's just got out of Rehab last week.

yeap..he just came back from usa.

out of the rehap.He wasn't looking too well at all and

i think he selfharms as well. The newspapers show lots of deep

cuts on his arm..i fell sorry for him though!!

by the way..Bianca gascoigne is sexy..

don't you guys think so??? :o

don't you guys think so??? :o

Yes, he has a history of self harming and OCD, which has made his life very difficult. I had always thought that he had just pissed his career down the drain, but after reading his book, it was quite clear that he is a guy that suffers from Severe Mental Illness, unfortunatley with his lifestyle and friends it hasn't been a particularly good recipe. Many of his traits of OCD and self harming were evident before he became famous and pre - drink and drugs.

One can only wonder, if with better guidance earlier in his career things would have turned out better.

Wish him well, becasue I think he is a pretty genuine bloke, who just has a lot of weaknesses.

Ten more funny pranks that Gazza has got up to. (courtesy of his mentor mr. j. 5 bellys)

(from paul gascoignes rather sad website.)

1. Conned me & my mate into eating a mince pie after he'd scraped out the filling and replaced it with his own pooh after we had been out drinking and left Gazza at home – The best thing about it was after we had eaten one each there was one left and we were both arguing about who should have it until Paul told us what it was. I felt instantly sick and ran to the toilet but our mate said it was the best mince pie he had ever had!

2. He has sniffed a referee's armpit while he was holding his hand high to signal a free kick.

3. He tried to prove that refs had a sense of humour by yellow-carding one referee after he had dropped his card during a Rangers v Hibs game – Amazingly he was booked by the ref.

4. He brought an air rifle and got me to go to the bottom of the garden to set up a target so he could practice. As I was putting it up he shot me in the backside and then said I'll give you £50 for every shot I took.

5. As an apprentice he desperately wanted to impress Newcastle boss Jack Charlton and spent a week's wages on fishing gear and begged the famous angler to give him a lesson. On arrival at the riverbank, Big Jack threw all but the rod out into the briny, then poured a bottle of Newcastle Brown into the water, dipped in the rod and within seconds was pulling out a whopper. Lesson over!

6. Following an England international he left Wembley wearing all of his kit and travelled to a local pub and walked in wearing everything, boots, shin pads, full England kit whilst the punters were still watching the highlights of the game.

7. He pulled England team-mate Paul Ince's shorts down during an open training session. Ince's arse ended up all over the papers.

8. Following Italia 90 and on the spur of the moment he wore a huge pair of fake plastic boobs and stomach bearing the legend 'Gazza' at the home coming at Luton Airport.

9. Crashed Middlesbrough's team bus at the club's training ground and caused £20,000 worth of damage.

10. We took a documentary team to a beautiful Scottish cottage which he pretended was his new home, he then pretended he'd forgotten his key and knocked the door instead. When the door opened, he said to the lady that answered that he was doing a telly advert and wanted to know if she preferred Daz Automatic. She was having none of it and we couldn't stop laughing because it had taken the TV crew ages to set up.

One can only wonder, if with better guidance earlier in his career things would have turned out better.

i would think that , when he was in his prime , he had access to the best guidance available , but he also had access to some moronic friends. i also hope that he doesnt end up a poverty stricken lonely old alky. best and maradonna at least seem to have enjoyed their decline , gascoigne has always seemed burdened with an inner sadness.

Edited by taxexile

don't you guys think so??? :D

Ride this cowboy ! yahoo,.. :obiancaITV240706228x330.jpg

• 1 year later...

According to the Daily Star Oct 19 Gazza's here in Thailand!! Probably will never be seen in UK again.

"BOOZY Paul Gascoigne is heading for an eighth rehab session in 12 months... after one more bender in Thailand.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; } Just days after vowing to ditch the drink, guzzler Gazza has booked his flight to a “final” fling.

He has even invited his old booze buddy, Jimmy “Five Bellies” Gardner, after the pair kissed and made up.

The fallen footie idol, 41, told a pal he was off to Bangkok, adding: “I just need to have these few days away.

“Yes,I’ll have a few drinks. But it’s more a way of drawing a line under it than starting anything off.”

Gazza has vowed to start a new life in sun-kissed Portugal with his new teetotal love, Sally Mulholland, 44.

To do this, he knows he’ll have to kick the demon drink.

But he’s down to the last £250,000 of his £7million fortune after splashing out for years on alcohol, strippers – and a total of 14 stays in posh rehab centres.

One at London’s Priory clinic cost £100,000 alone.

He is now considering booking into the cheaper, £3,500-a-week Cottonwood clinic in Arizona.

He told his mate:“I’m going to give it one last shot.The past few months have been hel_l for me. But Sally’s been a godsend and I’m determined to make things work with her.

“We both know it’s only going to happen if I stay dry and I’ve struggled to do that.

“I need a woman in my life.Sally is very much the future and I’m determined to make it work.

“I’ve told her I’m going to stop drinking and stay away for good and she’s backing me 100%.”

He added: “I know Cottonwood isn’t cheap but it’s cheaper than over here.”

The former England ace had four weeks there in September last year and went back in January – after becoming hooked on energy drink Red Bull.

He blew thousands on lap dancers and booze on a mammoth European bender before his last stint, at the Priory,at the end of August.

His pal said: “If he doesn’t stop drinking he’ll lose everything, including Sally.

“Going to Thailand is probably not the best move.”