Sending Cash To Thailand

zamp

Over the next few months i need to send several small amounts over to thailand,approx 2-3000 baht each time.However i am struggling to find any affordable way of doing it.Western union charge a minimum of something around 1000baht which kind of defeats the object,anyone know of a lower/free!! way of doing it?thanks in advance

Over the next few months i need to send several small amounts over to thailand,approx 2-3000 baht each time.However i am struggling to find any affordable way of doing it.Western union charge a minimum of something around 1000baht which kind of defeats the object,anyone know of a lower/free!! way of doing it?thanks in advance

have you tryed using the post office travel money card,all you need to do is go in with your passport and for 10 pounds you get a visa card that can be pre charged with what ever credit you deem,then send the card to thailand and tell the person the number at the other end,hey presto they get it in 48 hours but usually they get it after 24,the charge for taking money out is 1 dollar 50 per transaction.

very handy to have and if it gets lost another one can be ordered.Cant be used as a visa card only in visa signed machines of which here`s hundreds in thailand.

hope that helps

if your in LOS now open a bank account eg bank of siam , then you can tranfer a larger amount to your own account from your country of residence for a 1 off fee and then just do a free bank to basnk transfer on there internet banking system ..

if your not there now then someone you trust who already has an account maybee ?

With an account at Siam Commercial and a branch in your own country, you can send a check to the branch in your country with a covering letter including account numbers and your signed authority. In the UK they have only 1 bank (London) and it cost £10 for them to process the cheque and transfer the funds to the branch in Thailand. Takes about 10 days in total.