30-60-90 Days Stay

i am travelling to the l.o.s. :D for an extended period of time.

as i have never stayed there longer than 30 days i dont know the procedure for "checking in" or visa stamping. i am an american with a 6 month tourist visa with double entry. do i have to go to imm. after 30 days, 60 days or, can i stay 90 days without checking in and then cross the dorder for a day? :o

samesamebutdifferent2004, make a difference between validity of your visa and permission to stay, because these are two different things.

Your visa is valid for 6 months and allows two entries within these 6 months.

Once you arrive, you will be allowed to stay for 60 days. Close to the end of these first 60 days you can apply with an immigration office for a 30-days-extension (Baht 1900) which will count from the day you apply. Doing this give you nearly 90 days stay. At expiry you must leave the country and return to enter under your 2nd entry, when the same procedure starts again, 60 days plus 30 days extension.

Your 2nd entry can be on the same day you left or later but not later than the validity of your visa, means second time you arrive must be before the 6 months visa-validity expired.

Have a nice trip

2. TOURIST VISA

1. REQUIREMENT

This type of visa will be issued to applicants who wishing to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes .

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

- Visa application form completely filled out

- One recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant

- Air ticket paid in full

- Financial means (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

- Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary

3. VISA FEE

1,000 Baht per entry

(Visa fee may be changed without prior notice)

4. VALIDITY OF A VISA

The validity of a visa is three months.

5. VALIDITY OF A STAY

Upon arrival, visitors with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for a period not exceeding 60 days at any time.

Above is an extract from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.........notice the validity of visa? I/m not saying its not possible for a Consulate to stamp a longer validity in your passport some of them dont know their arse from their elbow........but according to the Regs validity is only 3 months regardless of number of entries.

Your visa is valid for 6 months and allows two entries within these 6 months.

Are you sure? Think you/ll find all visas whether single double or treble strictly only have a validity of 3 months in which to use them. :o

Not true according to Royal Thai Consulate LA web site FAQ:

You may apply for the visa no earlier than 90 days from when you plan to enter Thailand. As the visa will expire in 90 days from the date of issue (six months if two or more entries are issued) you do not want to apply too early. Also, allow enough time for the visa to be issued (two business days if applying in person or ten days - not including mailing time - if applying by mail).

I was typing these comments from memory with some friends, having had 6 months-visa. The original poster as well confirms

i am an american with a 6 month tourist visa with double entry.
OK, same old story, every consulate makes different rules. I know for sure some consulates and Honorary C. do issue 6 months.

Anyway, below the ruling from Hull, the often quoted one.

In between, you can extent every entry by 30 days, as I know some people who did it.

Here comes Hull on tourist visa:

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/Tvisas.htm

a) Single Entry

The validity of this visa is 3 months from date of issue and allows a visitor to enter Thailand for a single period of up to 60 days after which they must depart. A further visit will require another visa which can only be obtained outside Thailand.

b} Double Entry

The validity of this visa is 6 months from date of issue and allows a visitor to enter Thailand for one period of up to 60 days after which time they must leave the country. They can then re-enter for a further stay of 60 days. On expiry of the second stay they must depart and cannot return without a new visa which can only be obtained outside Thailand.

c) Triple Entry

Same principle as for Double Entry except that it allows for up to three visits within a period of 9 months.

d) Quadruple Entry (maximum)

Same principle as for Double Entry except that it allows for up to four visits within a period of 12 months.

When seeing this thread it reminded me of a previous discussion...

It may be helpful to read..

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13450&hl=

totster

:o

I thought the same as others that a single was valid for 3 months a double 6 a treble 9 and quad 12 months.........my basis was that i found it on the Hull web site..........but as the above thread points out Hull come under the London Embassy and they makes it quite clear that all tourist visas single , double or whatever are only supposed to be issued with a 3 month validity on them..........thats why i advice anyone to apply to Hull, i think if you applied to London for a quad you would only get a 3 month validity on the visa.

Thanks, did not see this thread before, interesting and Dr.; P_P's remark that Hull--visa have been cancelled only confirms, a visa is not a guarantee that the immigration police will accept it.

Having said this, samesamebutdifferent2004 confirmed having a six-months-visa,

possum confirmed the same, this is imo actual information.

I did check yesterday Hull (first time)

OK, this morning checked Karlsruhe/Germany:

http://www.thaikonsulat.de/13847.html

Visa Aufenthaltsdauer Gebühr Einreisen Gültigkeit des Visas

Tourist 60 Tage/Einreise 30 € 1 90 Tage

Tourist 60 Tage/Einreise 60 € 2 180 Tage

Tourist 60 Tage/Einreise 90 € 3 180 Tage

Above in German means tourists get 60 days per entry, showing the fee for 1, 2 and 3 entries and the validiity of the visa 90/180/180 days.

So 180 days seems to be realistic, I know people who had 3 entries from this consulate and who did extend by 30 days each entry.

If tomorrow some immigration office will say, cannot extent.... Well, same old story no rules are iron glad and no officer knows all the rules.

Anyway, to the original poster, don't worry with your 6 monthsd/double entry tourist visa, as explained previously.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, did not see this thread before, interesting and Dr.; P_P's remark that Hull--visa have been cancelled only confirms, a visa is not a guarantee that the immigration police will accept it.

Having said this, samesamebutdifferent2004 confirmed having a six-months-visa,

possum confirmed the same, this is imo actual information.

I did check yesterday Hull (first time)

OK, this morning checked Karlsruhe/Germany:

http://www.thaikonsulat.de/13847.html

Above in German means tourists get 60 days per entry, showing the fee for 1, 2 and 3 entries and the validiity of the visa 90/180/180 days.

So 180 days seems to be realistic, I know people who had 3 entries from this consulate and who did extend by 30 days each entry.

If tomorrow some immigration office will say, cannot extent.... Well, same old story no rules are iron glad and no officer knows all the rules.

Anyway, to the original poster, don't worry with your 6 monthsd/double entry tourist visa, as explained previously.

the honorary Thai consulate Karlsruhe will have a new address effective Oct. 01, 2004.

see this link:

http://www.thaikonsulat.de/13790.html

Consulate Karlsruhe

opalhort

I have seen this tourist visa confusion before coming in from PP to the airport. A friend of mine (and I use this term loosely) thought he had a 3 month tourist visa that we had gotten together in PP (our first 60-day). I didn't give it any thought because I was leaving in 58 days I think. This guy got to airport imm and the guy went into a tirade when he got his 60-day stamp. It was not a pleasant sight as this dude argued with the pleasant imm dudes. I looked at the imm guy and shrugged my shoulders. Anyhow, this confusion happens because of the validity date printed on the visa. I have to admit that I get tired of hearing people say they got a 3 month or 6 month visa. All they gotta do is look at the application when they fill it out beforehand. It is true that looking at the visa itself is the cause of their confusion because it does not state 60 day. It makes you wonder if these people even read the application that they fill out and sign, obiously not

The triple entry does sound like a good bargain.

Time it well and make the third entry on the last day of the 6 month and you effectively get a 9 month stay.

Another useful option for the long stay tourist.