Local Potions

Farma

A couple of weeks ago I saw a post where the poster mentioned his friend now back in the UK claimed he had been poisoned by Ya Seng (sp). The poster was asking for information on the drug to help with his medical treatment. I can’t find the post now.

Out of curiosity I asked some Thai medical professionals if they had heard of it.

I was surprised when they confirmed Ya Seng was commonly used in the past mainly in the Surin area and associated with black magic. They believed it came from the bark of a tree and was usually administered by adding a powder to a targeted persons drink. Sickness or death being the result.

Has anyone else heard stories of local potions being used in the black arts?

There was a thread in this forum last year:

The stepmother of a Farang which I know well was treated with black magic. There seemed to have been drugs involved which made her will-less. She went with two strangers (Thais) against the advice of her daughter and neighbors. After a while she came back, got her gold and bank saving book and went again to meet the strangers. She can not remember anything from there on, but a security camera of her bank showed her as she entered with the two strangers to withdraw all her savings.

She was found a day later sitting on the floor crying like a baby. Her family was informed and they brought her to the hospital, where she recovered after about five days. The doctors diagnosis was, that she was drugged.

At least one of the drugs was initially applied through her skin. The strangers touched and caressed repeatedly her arms, until she started to belief and followed them. Later she seemed to have accepted food and drinks from the strangers.

This was discussed in this forum about a year ago. Initially nobody in this forum believed that such drugs exist - mostly hypnosis or a scam by the stepmother was suspected. Until a veterinarian stated, that such drugs do exist and are used in some cases by veterinarians. He even named the drug, but I can not remember it.

Regards

Thedi

Whilst visiting Roi-Et a couple of years ago, I went to a local Temple with TGF and her son(17).

We saw a monk who was telling fortunes, my G/F wanted the monk to help her son to stop smoking.

The monk gave us a small bowl of water, a small piece of wood and a sharpening stone. We had to rub the wood against the wetted stone, this formed a very weak paste in the water, altogether, we used three different types of wood. He was then made to drink it all.

Ten minuites later, he was sick as a dog, and the sickness lasted two days.

It kept him off the fags for about a year.

Whilst visiting Roi-Et a couple of years ago, I went to a local Temple with TGF and her son(17).

We saw a monk who was telling fortunes, my G/F wanted the monk to help her son to stop smoking.

The monk gave us a small bowl of water, a small piece of wood and a sharpening stone. We had to rub the wood against the wetted stone, this formed a very weak paste in the water, altogether, we used three different types of wood. He was then made to drink it all.

Ten minuites later, he was sick as a dog, and the sickness lasted two days.

It kept him off the fags for about a year.

They do this quite a lot at the temples, my mate had this done to him, Ferrang, his problem was drinking two bottles of L/C every morning when he got up, he was sick as a dog for 10 days after, it has stopped him and all he drinks now is Chaing, but still has the shakes.

Would this include menstrual blood some of you, if the rumours are true, are probably given by their gfs on a regular basis?

You obviously do not know Thai culture!

Please elaborate

I hate to ruffle any feathers but most of this in farang myth stuff perpetuated by superstitious Thai ladies. I once had an farang friend who swore he was drugged. The actual truth was that he couldn't handle the Singha beer. I was with him the entire evening and warned him a number of times that he wasn't drinking Budweiser. The bottom line was that he COULDN'T handle the stronger Thai beer. He didn't lose anything and was sick for two days because he was stupid. I'm still to be convinced that licking a drug off a girls nipple can set up a guy to be drugged and robbed.

I hate to ruffle any feathers but most of this in farang myth stuff perpetuated by superstitious Thai ladies. I once had an farang friend who swore he was drugged. The actual truth was that he couldn't handle the Singha beer. I was with him the entire evening and warned him a number of times that he wasn't drinking Budweiser. The bottom line was that he COULDN'T handle the stronger Thai beer. He didn't lose anything and was sick for two days because he was stupid. I'm still to be convinced that licking a drug off a girls nipple can set up a guy to be drugged and robbed.

The only drug I get when I am licking my G/f's body, is the luuuurrrrrrrve drug :o

A couple of weeks ago I saw a post where the poster mentioned his friend now back in the UK claimed he had been poisoned by Ya Seng (sp). The poster was asking for information on the drug to help with his medical treatment. I can’t find the post now.

Out of curiosity I asked some Thai medical professionals if they had heard of it.

I was surprised when they confirmed Ya Seng was commonly used in the past mainly in the Surin area and associated with black magic. They believed it came from the bark of a tree and was usually administered by adding a powder to a targeted persons drink. Sickness or death being the result.

Why didn't you ask those knowledgeable Thai medical professionals what to do to help your "friend"? If those knowledgeable Thai medical professionals don't know what to do or who to ask then I guess you have done the next best thing which is to ask around at an expat forum....or did thos knowledgeable Thai medical professionals recomment this forum?

hahha haha ha haa ha haahahahahhah

Edited by chownah

Chownah

If you read my post you would see I was talking about a post someone else had made. I don’t have a clue who they were or who their friend was.

The people I asked were a pharmacist and a doctor. Both said they knew of it but weren’t sure of the ingredients.

It was out of curiosity that I posted this. I’ve heard of other herbal remedies being used for scorpion sting treatments and other things over the years.

As you don’t have anything valuable to add to this thread I suggest you get back on your iron buffalo and ride off out to the farm. That’s if it’s not flooded with all this rain we are having at the moment. :o