German Man Stabs Salesman And Steals Bmw

taxexile

Updated: [October 11, 2007 ] :: 17:15:07 pattaya daily news

FOREIGNER STABS CAR SALESMAN AND STEALS BMW

A German university student, armed with a knife, allegedly, attacked a car salesman and stole the car that he was test driving. He threw the staff member out of the car and drove off in the stolen BMW. He tried to sell the car, but ended up getting caught.

On 10 October 2007, at 11 AM, Banglamung Superintendent Police Colonel Sarayut Sa-gnuen-bpokai was notified by Mr.Suthee Phongsomboon (30), a staff member at Pattaya Car Center, located at 211/5 Moo 6, Nongprue, that a foreign man attacked him with a knife and stole a blue BMW 323I, license 2654, Bangkok. The incident occurred in front of the Thai Military Bank, Naklua Branch. Police rushed to the scene and met with Mr. Suthee, who was quite frightened and shaken up. He had numerous stab wounds on his body. His left hand palm was cut, as well. Police sent him to Banglamung Hospital for treatment of his wounds.

Mr. Suthee reported that the thief was a foreign man who pretended to be interested in buying the blue BMW 323I, license 2564, Bangkok. They had agreed on the price of 890,000 baht. The man asked for a test drive. Mr. Suthee sat in the passenger seat. The thief pretended that he needed to change his Euro currency into baht at the Thai Military Bank, Naklua Branch. He went out and pretended to talk to the bank staff. When he came back, he told Mr. Suthee that the bank didn’t have enough money and he had to come back in one hour.

The robber suggested that they have something to eat at Royal Garden Plaza, South Pattaya and then come back to the Thai Military Bank when they were finished. However, in front of the bank, the thug pulled out a knife and tried to slash Mr. Suthee’s neck. Mr. Suthee moved out of the way and grabbed the knife, but still sustained several cuts. Mr. Suthee tried to open the car door. The robber pushed him out of the car and drove off.

p1.jpgp2.jpg

Later that day, at about 4 PM, the perpetrator tried to sell the car to Mr. Pheerasut Homchuen, the proprietor of Rod Dee Mue Song used car shop, in North Pattaya, opposite Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Mr. Pheerasut was suspicious of the man and called Mr. Suthee from the original car shop, discovering that the car was stolen. Mr. Pheerasut tried to stall for time, but the robber was alert that something was amiss and jumped on a baht bus before Mr. Suthee arrived.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Suphachai Pui-gaew-kam, from the Crime Suppression Center, tracked the robber to D&K Apartment, 678/15 Moo 5, Naklua, Banglamung, Room B2; and was able to find and arrest him. After more investigation, the police determined that the alleged perpetrator was Mr. Robert Bertram Gerhard Demel (31), a third year university student in Giessen, Germany. Mr. Demel denied the charges and claimed that he had paid for the car. He refused to say anything else. Police detained Mr. Demel and took him to Banglamung Police Station for further interrogation.

News Type : Crime

Story : Kampee

Photo : Kampee

Translater : Sunny T

A German university student, armed with a knife, allegedly, attacked a car salesman and stole the car that he was test driving. He threw the staff member out of the car and drove off in the stolen BMW. He tried to sell the car, but ended up getting caught.

On 10 October 2007, at 11 AM, Banglamung Superintendent Police Colonel Sarayut Sa-gnuen-bpokai was notified by Mr.Suthee Phongsomboon (30), a staff member at Pattaya Car Center, located at 211/5 Moo 6, Nongprue, that a foreign man attacked him with a knife and stole a blue BMW 323I, license 2654, Bangkok. The incident occurred in front of the Thai Military Bank, Naklua Branch. Police rushed to the scene and met with Mr. Suthee, who was quite frightened and shaken up. He had numerous stab wounds on his body. His left hand palm was cut, as well. Police sent him to Banglamung Hospital for treatment of his wounds.

Mr. Suthee reported that the thief was a foreign man who pretended to be interested in buying the blue BMW 323I, license 2564, Bangkok. They had agreed on the price of 890,000 baht. The man asked for a test drive. Mr. Suthee sat in the passenger seat. The thief pretended that he needed to change his Euro currency into baht at the Thai Military Bank, Naklua Branch. He went out and pretended to talk to the bank staff. When he came back, he told Mr. Suthee that the bank didn't have enough money and he had to come back in one hour.

The robber suggested that they have something to eat at Royal Garden Plaza, South Pattaya and then come back to the Thai Military Bank when they were finished. However, in front of the bank, the thug pulled out a knife and tried to slash Mr. Suthee's neck. Mr. Suthee moved out of the way and grabbed the knife, but still sustained several cuts. Mr. Suthee tried to open the car door. The robber pushed him out of the car and drove off.

p1.jpgp2.jpg

Later that day, at about 4 PM, the perpetrator tried to sell the car to Mr. Pheerasut Homchuen, the proprietor of Rod Dee Mue Song used car shop, in North Pattaya, opposite Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Mr. Pheerasut was suspicious of the man and called Mr. Suthee from the original car shop, discovering that the car was stolen. Mr. Pheerasut tried to stall for time, but the robber was alert that something was amiss and jumped on a baht bus before Mr. Suthee arrived.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Suphachai Pui-gaew-kam, from the Crime Suppression Center, tracked the robber to D&K Apartment, 678/15 Moo 5, Naklua, Banglamung, Room B2; and was able to find and arrest him. After more investigation, the police determined that the alleged perpetrator was Mr. Robert Bertram Gerhard Demel (31), a third year university student in Giessen, Germany. Mr. Demel denied the charges and claimed that he had paid for the car. He refused to say anything else. Police detained Mr. Demel and took him to Banglamung Police Station for further interrogation.

university student ,yer right ,looks like a scumbag to me .

great...just what we need to "improve" the image of us foreigners even more. ***rant removed***

i think i know that thai guy in the photo who was injured as the fella who sold me my car. he works in a used-car lot on sukkie between south and central roads. he is a nice guy and very helpful when i bought my car from him. his shop was honest and i didn't have any problem with the car or registration etc (which they took care of for me). i hope he heals up ok and this would turn his head too much when it comes to us foreigners in general.

Mr. Suthee reported that the thief was a foreign man who pretended to be interested in buying the blue BMW 323I, license 2564, Bangkok. They had agreed on the price of 890,000 baht. The man asked for a test drive. Mr. Suthee sat in the passenger seat. The thief pretended that he needed to change his Euro currency into baht at the Thai Military Bank, Naklua Branch. He went out and pretended to talk to the bank staff. When he came back, he told Mr. Suthee that the bank didn't have enough money and he had to come back in one hour.

The robber suggested that they have something to eat at Royal Garden Plaza, South Pattaya and then come back to the Thai Military Bank when they were finished. However, in front of the bank, the thug pulled out a knife and tried to slash Mr. Suthee's neck. Mr. Suthee moved out of the way and grabbed the knife, but still sustained several cuts. Mr. Suthee tried to open the car door. The robber pushed him out of the car and drove off.

p1.jpgp2.jpg

On drugs i would think, and or a history of mental illness,.and an idiot, or he woulnt have just driven up the road to sell it in thailand,.a few years in prison and deportation coming his way id say,.i hope he warns his criminal friends,.

Is it any wonder that the Thai government make it difficult for anyone uner 50 years of age to obtain a long term visa if this is an example of the way that they behave. This does not help our situation in any way and again gives all farangs a bad name. I hope that he is made to pay dearly, one way or another for his actions.

Disappointedly, Rick

Lets try to keep this within the bounds of reasonably civil discussion. Derogatory broad-based generalizations about an entire nation of people is really unnecessary and further such postings will be removed and the poster warned

give the guy a break he is just a kid.

I am 28 and have done my fair share of dodgy things in my life, but come on mate! Meticulously planning to steal a car in a foreign country while slashing the test drive guy with a knife, then trying to sell it a few blocks away just takes the pi_ss, IMHO :o

It's not exactly a drunken bar fight or the likes, the guy (if guilty) displays signs of being a psychopath, and believe me I have known a few !

I guess this falls under The Kingdom's dumbest criminal? I always find it humorous when some farangs lecture on and on about how dumb the Thais are, and then you have a German guy put them all to shame.

Then again, the Fedex contractor in Bangkok just tried to defraud me (well, extort), asking for some tea money in order to clear my shipment... fun story for another thread.

broad-based generalizations about an entire nation of people is really unnecessary and further such postings will be removed and the poster warned
and then you have a German guy put them all to shame.

no complimenting the germans please . :o