Isuzu Gold Series

Gary A

My wife saw a commercial and some advertisements about the new model Isuzu. She is quite excited and thinks this new model is beautiful and that the interior is nicer than a car. I can't find much information surfing and was curious if anyone knows if there are any changes other than cosmetic.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this "gold series" in isuzu before 1 week.

there is NOTHING speciel with this model but the signs outside is gold instead of silver as all cars have.

on the wheel -also same trick- gold instead of silver.

the dashboard is with little bit gold texture..hehe :o

if you pay money for it / this is the reason you hurry to buy this "gold series" you are nothing but a fool.

its simply just a marketing techinc to increase sales.

:D

Hi Gary

Bit of information here:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/10/10...to_30051905.php

and here

http://www.autoincar.com/category/isuzu/

Will be looking at these when get to BKK in 3 weeks. Also hoping that something new gets released on the Toyota pickup front

Thanks for that. Unfortunately it's still almost as ugly as the Toyota Vigo. Apparently no changes except gimmick emblems, grill, mirrors and talilights. Besides that, I really like my old Nissan. If only it were a 4X4.

worth reading just for the advertising hyperbole

they make a new badge on the steering wheel sound like a new automotive discovery.

remarkable stuff.

It must be effective. My Thai wife is convinced. She was Toyota all the way. Of course the last Toyota lemon had a lot to do with her change of mind.

• 2 weeks later...

there is NOTHING speciel with this model but the signs outside is gold instead of silver as all cars have.

if you pay money for it / this is the reason you hurry to buy this "gold series" you are nothing but a fool.

I'm a fool, thank you, but a happy one. Today I got my Cab4 LS Gold Series. It's a beauty compared with my Cab4 LS 03-2003 (the first series). But, "thai4u", this car compared with the D-Max Cab4 LS of a couple of weeks ago has:

- 3.0 turbo VGS (standard)

- leather seats

- an electronic antenna

- a new front bumper

- electric foldable side mirrors

- a tripmaster; trip, fuel usage and outside temperature measurement

- a key including the opening or closing of the central locking

- side mirror leds

- central rear brake light consists of leds

and yes, "thai4u", and the gold-coloured things you mentioned. So I assume, you got your info from your wife who doesn't want you to buy the new Gold Series.

Petch01

My wife saw a commercial and some advertisements about the new model Isuzu. She is quite excited and thinks this new model is beautiful and that the interior is nicer than a car. I can't find much information surfing and was curious if anyone knows if there are any changes other than cosmetic.
Isnt it just a manual 2 wheel drive ?

Isnt it just a manual 2 wheel drive ?

The next pickup will be a 4X4 with a manual transmission regardless of the make. Since I have a love affair with my Nissan, I have a guy looking for parts to convert it to a 4X4. Since the rainy season is finished, there is no hurry for a 4X4 now.

I have a friend who bought a new 2007 Isuzu 4X4 manual transmission. He is the type of guy who worries about his fuel economy. He has a Toyota 4X4 that he is VERY disappointed with the 10.5 kilometers per liter but he likes the truck. They wouldn't give him much for the Toyota trade in so he now has two 4X4's. He told me the last trip with the Isuzu got 15.2 kilometers per liter over the 1,200 kilometer trip.

I'm a fool, thank you, but a happy one. Today I got my Cab4 LS Gold Series. It's a beauty compared with my Cab4 LS 03-2003 (the first series). But, "thai4u", this car compared with the D-Max Cab4 LS of a couple of weeks ago has:

- 3.0 turbo VGS (standard)

- leather seats

- an electronic antenna

- a new front bumper

- electric foldable side mirrors

- a tripmaster; trip, fuel usage and outside temperature measurement

- a key including the opening or closing of the central locking

- side mirror leds

- central rear brake light consists of leds

and yes, "thai4u", and the gold-coloured things you mentioned. So I assume, you got your info from your wife who doesn't want you to buy the new Gold Series.

Petch01

Any idea of the mpg you may get out of the Cab4 LS Gold Series 3.0 turbo VGS ?

Does the Turbo aspect increase insurance and gas usage?

Today I drove a 380 km journey. A journey not different from with my old LS (03-2003) as I went to my other house. Drove 80-125 km/h, little bit 4H and 4L for a few kilometres (when in our area). I did a 13km/L. With my old LS it was about a 9-10km/L. What really impressed me was taking over another car driving 85 km/h. This VGS engine goes as a rocket compared with my old car.

I bought my first LS in March 2003. I had to pay 778,000 THB + about 15,000 THB for an alarm system, fog lights, aluminum stairs and window screens. My new LS brought me so, so much more for 833,00 THB all included.

As the VGS is available for a divers types of D-Max-es, take a test drive. You will see.

Petch01

Edited by Petch01

Today I drove a 380 km journey. A journey not different from with my old LS (03-2003) as I went to my other house. Drove 80-125 km/h, little bit 4H and 4L for a few kilometres (when in our area). I did a 13km/L. With my old LS it was about a 9-10km/L. What really impressed me was taking over another car driving 85 km/h. This VGS engine goes as a rocket compared with my old car.

I bought my first LS in March 2003. I had to pay 778,000 THB + about 15,000 THB for an alarm system, fog lights, aluminum stairs and window screens. My new LS brought me so, so much more for 833,00 THB all included.

As the VGS is available for a divers types of D-Max-es, take a test drive. You will see.

Petch01

Hi Petch01

Just down the road in HH from you (Well will be in 3 weeks).

Did you have to wait long after ordering?

Did you manage to squeeze any extras out of the dealer?

Do you know if Isuzu are offering any good finance deals at the moment?

Thanks for your help

Hi Petch01

Just down the road in HH from you (Well will be in 3 weeks).

Did you have to wait long after ordering?

Did you manage to squeeze any extras out of the dealer?

Do you know if Isuzu are offering any good finance deals at the moment?

Thanks for your help

Hi jflundy,

The car costs 833,000 THB + 8,500 for the car registration. The extras that were given for free were:

- Lamina screens

- Tuff-Kote Dinol floor protection

- doorstep protectors

- spare wheel lock

- 1 Baht Gold

- 1 year 1st class insurance

- borrowed red plates

- car cover

- front shield inside sun cover

- 500 THB fuel

On Monday 22nd we went to the dealer. I bought my first LS there, almost 5 years ago. The 23rd was a holiday. Had to do paperwork back and forward. On Friday 26th I drove my Black LS. The car is financed at my wife's name for 46 % of the price at a rate of 2.5 % per year. 48 months 8,880 THB.

The car was bought at Isuzu UNT Cha Am, Mr. Udom (good guy, speaks some English).

Good luck, Petch01

Edited by Petch01

Hiya Petch

Did you part exchange the old one against the price and if so, what allowance did they knock off it please ?

The extra,s only include the insurance if you take out the financing deal, my dealer informs me by the way.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

Hiya Petch

Did you part exchange the old one against the price and if so, what allowance did they knock off it please ?

The extra,s only include the insurance if you take out the financing deal, my dealer informs me by the way.

marshbags

I sold my car privately to people who I, by coincidence, met at the Isuzu dealer in Cha Am on the 22nd October.

The extras I got where the extras written in my previous post.

Petch01

Edited by Petch01

You should compare this Gold edition with a regular ones, not 2003 models. Isuzu has replaced engines all across the boad in the past couple of years.

I guess they are ok comparing to Toyota and the rest but nothing outstanding. 15.4km/l is hard to believe. Does it have onboard computer to start with?

You should compare this Gold edition with a regular ones, not 2003 models. Isuzu has replaced engines all across the boad in the past couple of years.

I guess they are ok comparing to Toyota and the rest but nothing outstanding. 15.4km/l is hard to believe. Does it have onboard computer to start with?

Actually, I think he said it does have the on board computer but he would NEVER trust that. He's quite handy with a calculator. He is now going to take all the useless gimmick gadgets to improve fuel economy off his Toyota and put them on the Isuzu. I'm waiting for his next report. I was also a little surprised that he said it had the 2.5 liter engine. I thought all 4X4's had the 3.0 liter. ??

ADDED - I have a section of a road test report. Isuzu figures were 19.04 kpl at 90 kmh for the 2.5 liter and 16.14 kpl at 90 kmh for the 3.0 liter 4X4.

Edited by Gary A

Hi

do anyone have the price on this LS 4x4 in AT

Thai Isuzu is never shy to claim outrageous fuel economy numbers. Once it was better than numbers given by Japanese designers themselves.

Homemade fuel efficiency calculations are very tricky, no matter what calculator you use. Just last week there was an article in Bangkok Post Motoring about it and they recommended the same way I did it once - calculate average over several refills and several thousand kilometers. They also recommended not to trust people who base their claims on a single trip or less scientific methods like "my gauge needle moved exactly a quarter".

It is physically impossible to know how much fuel your truck used over any particular distance. I'd rather believe computers than proud owners with calculators.

Hiya Petch

marshbags

I sold my car privately to people who I, by coincidence, met at the Isuzu dealer in Cha Am on the 22nd October.

The extras I got where the extras written in my previous post.

Petch01

Thanks for the reply Petch.

Your list of extras is undisputed by the way, i asked if all the extras were inclusive for cash as i thought it,s pretty good deal.

He then told me the insurance was for financing deals only ?

Worth 20,000 baht plus for 1st class

marshbags :o

The car costs 833,000 THB + 8,500 for the car registration. The extras that were given for free were:

- Lamina screens

- Tuff-Kote Dinol floor protection

- doorstep protectors

- spare wheel lock

- 1 Baht Gold

- 1 year 1st class insurance

- borrowed red plates

- car cover

- front shield inside sun cover

- 500 THB fuel

On Monday 22nd we went to the dealer. I bought my first LS there, almost 5 years ago. The 23rd was a holiday. Had to do paperwork back and forward. On Friday 26th I drove my Black LS. The car is financed at my wife's name for 46 % of the price at a rate of 2.5 % per year. 48 months 8,880 THB.

The car was bought at Isuzu UNT Cha Am, Mr. Udom (good guy, speaks some English).

Good luck, Petch01

Just want to try and work out exactly what you've got as someone is asking me about mine and I'm trying to compare.

Mine is the DMax 3.0L auto 2WD. Priced 4/5 months ago at 792,000 (I think) list of which 40k was for the auto box.

Are you saying that yours is the LS or D-Max (haven't got brochure now) and costs 833k ? So what is missing as the top of the range before was quite a lot more than that, perhaps another 40k or is yours manual ?

Were you required to put down 40%+ for the finance ?

Cheers

Current prices

Gold Series

DMAX CAB 4

2WD

High-Lander SLX 2.5 PH/ABS/ 728,000

High-Lander SLX 3.0 PH/ABS/SRS 772,000

High-Lander SLX 3.0 PH/ABS/SRS/AT 812,000

4WD

LS 3.0 VGS/ABS/SRS 833,000

LS 3.0 VGS/ABS/SRS/AT 873,000

Required down payment is 20 % for the High-Lander and 30% for the LS (according to the price list).

Petch01

Edited by Petch01