Best Burger By Far - White Spot 'triple-o'

thaigene2

I'd like to update the former posts about 'Bangkok's Best Burgers'

I would really recommend Triple-O White Spot

This is a Canadian burder chain that has recently opened a Bangkok location at Central World (6th or 7th floor I think - anyway next to the Food Hall and a wood-fired pizza place).

I've been to these places in Canada and although I like the burgers there, I actually think the hamburgers at the Bangkok place are better. Big, fresh (they go on about how everything is fresh), and loaded with tomato, lettuce and sauces. Around 220 for the set menu. When it first opened a few months ago (at least that's when I first noticed it) there were no diners there. Now it's seems pretty busy. They do milkshakes too.

Another burger restaurant that seems really popular is in the same shopping center near the BTS entrance. A japanese burger place. haven't tried it myself but will one day. it's always crowded but is in a high-traffic area.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small, and overpriced. It tastes good, but no better than a whopper and it's smaller and more expensive. For 220 baht I can go to a pub and get a burger instead of fast food in a mall, and watch a game and drink a beer or two as well.

Another burger restaurant that seems really popular is in the same shopping center near the BTS entrance. A japanese burger place. haven't tried it myself but will one day. it's always crowded but is in a high-traffic area.

Which BTS entrance would that be? And is it actually inside the BTS station complex or downstairs at street level? Sounds interesting anyway, not sure what a Japanese burger would be like...

So this is BTS station Chitlom we're talking about?

More specfically MOS Burger is on the 3rd floor of Cental World, just ouside the mall entrance to ZEN. Always busy and certainly better than McDonald's at the same price point, but I prefer the quality at White Spot (superior to Burger King as well).

Sitting at Triple O now.

Ordered an original burger, but this time added an extra beef patty.

Changed the Coke for a chocolate shake in the combo.

Total cost 400 baht.

The burger is WAY better now once there's enough meat in there. But it is still gas-grilled - other than that it is very close to the type of burger I like.

The shake is good but is NOT worth the cost (paid 130 more after exchanging the Coke). Plus they didn't give the extra.

Still quiet - but I see more and more people coming in here now. Don't know if it will survive in its current location - but if they move somewhere else and either lower the prices accordingly or provide more beef - this could easily become my choice of burger joints.

I can never understand the fascination folk have for the quest for the ultimate burger as if such a thing was ever likely to exist outside the fantasy of a farang salivating over something he thinks he is missing.

Discounting the greasy spoon variety constructed out of inferior ingredients, a burger is a burger is a burger and only becomes something else beyond the mundane when an overwhelming hunger can only be satiated by the consumption of one. Anticipation is all and even a McDonalds can be a sublime experience after a week in the boonies subsisting on an endless diet of rice and fiery things of indeterminate origin.

But in reality, most times, one fancies the idea of a burger more than the eating of it which quickly becomes boring and is more often than not only redeemed by the addition of whichever relish piques one's appetite.

Whereas you may think you are extolling the virtue of one particular burger over another, in actuality you are simply recalling a sensory experience that was more pleasurable proportionate to your craving and has as much validity as, say, proclaiming the relative merits of one Soi Cowboy pole bar over another.

Incidentally, should you wish to cook your own pattie at home try adding a dollop of mayonnaise to the minced steak mix before moulding and applying the heat......succulence guaranteed!

Edited by the gent

Sitting at Triple O now.

Ordered an original burger, but this time added an extra beef patty.

Changed the Coke for a chocolate shake in the combo.

Total cost 400 baht.

The burger is WAY better now once there's enough meat in there. But it is still gas-grilled - other than that it is very close to the type of burger I like.

The shake is good but is NOT worth the cost (paid 130 more after exchanging the Coke). Plus they didn't give the extra.

Still quiet - but I see more and more people coming in here now. Don't know if it will survive in its current location - but if they move somewhere else and either lower the prices accordingly or provide more beef - this could easily become my choice of burger joints.

Yes I agree that's a rip-off for the extra charge on the shake. Gas grilled? Not sure..At least their management is right that it tastes 'fresh' - (to me anyway). As for the others, is it really that 'small'? I came away feeling like I'd dropped a gut bomb! Would agree they have a real winner - but location is not good they should open a number 2 while they can then later close this one (maybe a year later if the local thai/hk partners' company can hack it out - their menu says they have 3 in HK).

Oh and to "The Gent" Notwithstanding some of your other good points, and as someone who's lived many years on both sides of the pond prior to LOS, may I observe that anyone who needs to talk about the merits of adding "a dollop" of anything to anything including "minced beef" will never - no never - understand the wonders of getting a hamburger 'just right'!

Anyway, my votge is still number one for these guys at White Spot or Triple O - which is it anyway?? White Spot or Triple O?

• 3 years later...

was the most delicious burger in Thailand with BK coming second and Mo's burger third :P

sadly now burned to ashes and replaced with a dim-sum restaurant :(

I guess I have to go to Canada if I want another Triple-o now :(

I love burgers and the best, IMHO, in all of Thailand (not just Bangkok) is the Duke's. In Bangkok you can find Duke's at The Emporium.....5th floor I think. There are many varieties to select from and the beef is really good, along with the bread, salad, etc. It is all good! Even the staff are really nice and helpful. ***** star place for hamburgers.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli

My current vote goes to BBQ Sandwich King.

Both the Coney Island Chilli Burger and the Uptowner burger are excellent.

I hope it is not against the rules here, but I would like to know where BBQ Sandwich King is located. I love a messy chili burger. Thanks.

My current vote goes to BBQ Sandwich King.

Both the Coney Island Chilli Burger and the Uptowner burger are excellent.

Sandwich King had a shop in Nonthaburi on Sammakhi, it has also closed down now.

Sorry, but in my humble opinion, none of these (Triple O White Spot, BK, MOS, or whatever) even come close to a good burger.

Witch's Tavern does a pretty good job, and The Home Run bar and Grill also makes a good burger. I am sure there are others, but the fast-food "burgers" are merely ground beef sandwiches, not good burgers.

The only people who seem to think White spot makes a great hamburger are Canadians. Maybe they are homesick?? :o

Well I missed this when in BKK a few weeks ago, I might have given it a try! ....Not that I am "homesick" but White Spot Burgers are not as good as they used to be, even in British Columbia, after being brought out by Multinational companies!

Not sure they have been set up on the east side of the Rockies. BC ferries serve them and really manage to screw up even more than the White Spot Restaurants, do now....

I gave A & W (another Canadian Burger chain) a try out side Phantip, I think.... that I won't be doing again! :bah:

Now if "Timmys" opened up their chain here, that would be a good thing! :thumbsup:Beats Starbucks coffee hands down! ;)

The only people who seem to think White spot makes a great hamburger are Canadians. Maybe they are homesick?? :o

Well I missed this when in BKK a few weeks ago, I might have given it a try! ....Not that I am "homesick" but White Spot Burgers are not as good as they used to be, even in British Columbia, after being brought out by Multinational companies!

Not sure they have been set up on the east side of the Rockies. BC ferries serve them and really manage to screw up even more than the White Spot Restaurants, do now....

I gave A & W (another Canadian Burger chain) a try out side Phantip, I think.... that I won't be doing again! :bah:

Now if "Timmys" opened up their chain here, that would be a good thing! :thumbsup:Beats Starbucks coffee hands down! ;)

A & W is a US chain. :)

A & W is a US chain. :)

Interesting and won't argue, but in all my travels around the USA don't ever remember seeing A & W... do they hide them in back allies? :D I would have driven right on by anyway.....

I was sure it was Canadian... EH! ;)

In my opinion, A&W's burgers -- and just about everything else they serve except the root beer -- is just terrible.

BK makes the best fast food burger currently in the LOS, IMHO. For non-fast food burgers, I like Duke's and The Garage. I'm kind of surprised the latter hasn't been mentioned yet.

Had Triple O's once and was not impressed.