Best Burger By Far - White Spot 'triple-o'

thaigene2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if "Timmys" opened up their chain here, that would be a good thing! :thumbsup:Beats Starbucks coffee hands down! ;)

Is there a place that DOESNT make better coffee than Starbucks?!? Expensive hot milk is about the only way I could sum up a Starbucks coffee.....

I know, not a coffee thread, but Suzuki coffee in Phloen Chit /Wave Place does great coffee and the McCafe flat white aint a bad thing either......Starbucks is junk.

The Tavern on Soi 4...Nanna ...

Best Burger in Bangkok...by far :D

Hand made fresh beef burgers with all the fresh fixings available..

cooked on BBQ right in front of you at the bar.

nice little local sports bar The Tavern :jap:

The Sausage king grade A burger breakdown = 100% Thai/French beef that been hanging for 6-7 weeks then minced with some secret ingreidents and no fillers or glutton. and sizes 125g-150g-250g at a very cheap price of 300/kg now thats worth eating. sk

Sorry, but in my humble opinion, none of these (Triple O White Spot, BK, MOS, or whatever) even come close to a good burger.

Witch's Tavern does a pretty good job, and The Home Run bar and Grill also makes a good burger. I am sure there are others, but the fast-food "burgers" are merely ground beef sandwiches, not good burgers.

For me, method of cooking is of equally high importance as meat quality. Where i come from, a burger just isn't a burger unless its "charbroiled" -- grilled over natural charcoal, covered for part of the time to get a nice smokiness - almost blackened on the outside, but still juicy on the inside.

Of course, fresh fixins are also a must - basics such as fresh lettuce, tomato, and sliced onions...pickles for some folks.... are fine and dandy. But my personal fave fixins, being from Cali, are avocado (sliced not guac), crisp bacon, cheese, and pickled chiles (jalapenos or serranos). Heaven.

Edited by NanaFoods

For me, method of cooking is of equally high importance as meat quality. Where i come from, a burger just isn't a burger unless its "charbroiled" -- grilled over natural charcoal, covered for part of the time to get a nice smokiness - almost blackened on the outside, but still juicy on the inside.

Of course, fresh fixins are also a must - basics such as fresh lettuce, tomato, and sliced onions...pickles for some folks.... are fine and dandy. But my personal fave fixins, being from Cali, are avocado (sliced not guac), crisp bacon, cheese, and pickled chiles (jalapenos or serranos). Heaven.

Try The Garage (if you haven't already)...that's the kind of burger they do.

Do you mean Sukhumvit soi 4? I can't find anything on google earth indicating a Nana soi 4, and also cannot find anything when searching 'The Tavern'??

Oh, as an aside...

Even though the thread is over 3 years old....

White Spot burgers are called 'Burger Platters' for the most part. The Triple-O refers to the sauce. Not the burger.

anal little git eh??

Do you mean Sukhumvit soi 4? I can't find anything on google earth indicating a Nana soi 4, and also cannot find anything when searching 'The Tavern'??

Oh, as an aside...

Even though the thread is over 3 years old....

White Spot burgers are called 'Burger Platters' for the most part. The Triple-O refers to the sauce. Not the burger.

anal little git eh??

Suk soi 4 down the street from Nanna plaza next to Jools.....

cooked on Charcoal right at the bar they have an inside bbq very nice...

good breakfast too...lol

No secret ingredients or mixers just Beef and fresh everything else

just ask they put for you great place

and no i not own the joint just eat and drink there while in Bangkok

They just opened a new "The Tavern " in Hua Hin as well but i've not been there yet

enjoy

Try The Garage (if you haven't already)...that's the kind of burger they do.

Yes, I've eaten there. Quite decent. Big servings.

It's been awhile, but my recollection is that it wasn't charbroiled.

best burgers by far,450grms.minced beef,4small slices of bread [crumbed],6minced cloves garlic,chopped corriander,and 2tbl.spoons of red curry paste,mix well and shape leave overnight in fridge,where can you get them?you cant i make them.

best burgers by far,450grms.minced beef,4small slices of bread [crumbed],6minced cloves garlic,chopped corriander,and 2tbl.spoons of red curry paste,mix well and shape leave overnight in fridge,where can you get them?you cant i make them.

looks like a Thai take on a burger... and that's fine.

Only thing is, breadcrumbs are for meatballs (and some sausages), but not burgers.

A burger already had a bread component on the outside (the bun).

Edited by NanaFoods

Only thing is, breadcrumbs are for meatballs (and some sausages), but not burgers.

i have always used bread crumbs in burgers,sausages,faggots mother used to say it soaks up the fat,that is where the flavour is.

i have always used bread crumbs in burgers,sausages,faggots mother used to say it soaks up the fat,that is where the flavour is.

I am sure that's true... but... still.... there should be no breadcrumbs in a burger.

I think it is a law... somewhere :rolleyes:

Meatballs, meatloaf, certain sausages and the like.... yes.

Burgers, No.

Breadcrumbs tend to make the meat more prone to falling apart on the grill.

You get better cohesion using only the ground beef and slight seasonings.

If you have the right amount of fat content in the meat to begin with, and cook it correctly, there is no need for breadcrumbs to artificially retain the juices.

I am sure that's true... but... still.... there should be no breadcrumbs in a burger.

I think it is a law... somewhere :rolleyes:

Meatballs, meatloaf, certain sausages and the like.... yes.

Burgers, No.

Breadcrumbs tend to make the meat more prone to falling apart on the grill.

You get better cohesion using only the ground beef and slight seasonings.

If you have the right amount of fat content in the meat to begin with, and cook it correctly, there is no need for breadcrumbs to artificially retain the juices.

It should be a law: No breadcrumbs in a burger or else! Use top grade ground sirloin or something similar, shape it in a burger shape, cook it over an open grill. Nothing more to do except add your favorite items.

Remember, we're making burgers here, not grilled meatloaf.

There are a number of burger recipes out there calling for breadcrumbs, but that doesn't make them "proper". In older times, people added breadcrumbs to burgers in order to stretch the meat. Many of those recipes floating around today are derived from a pre-1950 (or so) recipe. Today, however, it is not considered "kosher", so to speak, to do so (adding breadcrumbs, that is).

Ground sirloin might be too lean for a burger - could end up falling apart on the grill and cook up dry (unless cooked on the rare side). You want 80-85% fat content for good cohesion and juiciness. Try some ground chuck.

There are a number of burger recipes out there calling for breadcrumbs, but that doesn't make them "proper". In older times, people added breadcrumbs to burgers in order to stretch the meat. Many of those recipes floating around today are derived from a pre-1950 (or so) recipe. Today, however, it is not considered "kosher", so to speak, to do so (adding breadcrumbs, that is).

Ground sirloin might be too lean for a burger - could end up falling apart on the grill and cook up dry (unless cooked on the rare side). You want 80-85% fat content for good cohesion and juiciness. Try some ground chuck.

Great to read this. Too many people seem to think you should use sirloin in a burger. Chuck is definitley the best cut to use. More flavour and the perfect amount of fat.

Sounds like you make a good burger Nana. :jap:

Great to read this. Too many people seem to think you should use sirloin in a burger. Chuck is definitley the best cut to use. More flavour and the perfect amount of fat.

Sounds like you make a good burger Nana. :jap:

It should have some fat content like others said: ground chuck, ground round, ground sirloin are all good in my view as long as there is some fat content too.....anything but bread crumbs....but I do like a meatloaf sandwich now and then.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli

minced with some secret ingreidents

Bread crumbs? :unsure:

i am a bit of a cheap charlie,but when youve had 10cans of cider you cant tell the diff.and i do like a thick slice of cheese with my burger.

minced with some secret ingreidents

Bread crumbs? :unsure:

i am a bit of a cheap charlie,but when youve had 10cans of cider you cant tell the diff.and i do like a thick slice of cheese with my burger.

The cheese should be melting and falling out of the sides. :rolleyes::licklips: bit of onion and toasted bun......the meat content should be 100% whatever good cut you choose.

Best I've had was the Hard Rock cafe in London....black and blue burger.....or the Irish place behind Dam square.....only memorable burgers for me.

What's the Hard Rock in Bangkok like for these I wonder?

80% ground chuck is what I use. I won't use sirloin.

However, I do rather like using wagyu chuck at times even if the burger feels "softer."

on the topic of meatloaf, recently had one at Minibar Royal Deli at The Emporium. it was about 250baht for the set(sandwich, drink and desert).

Also had the burger at Chokchai, in Paragon supermarket recently. the Burger was pretty good, the seatings wasn't that great.

post-133902-0-42816300-1308753600_thumb.

• 3 months later...

they moved just down the road and into soi nichada thani. they're still open. check their web site.

My current vote goes to BBQ Sandwich King.

Both the Coney Island Chilli Burger and the Uptowner burger are excellent.

Sandwich King had a shop in Nonthaburi on Sammakhi, it has also closed down now.

• 2 weeks later...