Retrement Visa Extension

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine lives in Huahin on a retirement visa and up until now he went to the Bankok immigration office to get his extension.

I told him yesterday we also have an immigrationoffice here in Jomtien so maybe he could come here and visit me and do his extension here. But we are not sure if this is possible for somebody who lives in Huahin.

Does anyone here know if you can do your extension at any immigration office or do you have to go to the one closest to your house?

Thanks

Regards

Danboksida1

It should be done at his local office or Bangkok (and the push seems to be to make it local office only). Do not believe Jomtien will want anything to do with him.

I know this is a bit off the topic.........But my retirement visa expires December 4th and I would like to renew next week as I will be in LOS (Mai Sai) for a few days. Am currently living in Shanghai for a two year work asignment and would like to avoid making a trip in November just to renew the visa.

I heard you mention retirement visas can be renewed 30 days in advance of expiration and sooner if there are extenuating circumstances.

How do I prove extenuating circumstances. Is it an informal process?

Thanks

dman, Yes, sometimes people have reported this is possible. Just show up with your air ticket out showing you won't be in Thailand during your normal extension period. People commonly come in 30 days before expiry, but sooner than 30 days out is an exception you will have to ask for.