Jackpot Lottery Winner!

YangYaiEric

Personally, I wouldn't tell a soul. At least I wouldn't say how much I'd won, maybe just say I'd won enough to pay off the credit cards, mortgage, etc.

I wouldn't even quit my job (I quite like my job). At least not immediately.

However, when it comes to pay negotiations, I could well choose to call their bluff.

I'd also take the kids to Disneyworld in Florida again. It was a great holiday (but cost a fortune), but the cost would obviously be less of an issue.

Finally, and I hate to say this, but I'd probably do what the hi-so Thais do, and have the kids do their secondary schooling in the UK in boarding schools. (That, or as a family, we'd return to the UK full-time, or go to the US/Oz/NZ - primarily for the kids schooling, just returning to Thailand for holidays).

Given the choice of a place to live. I'd have to say, I don't like winters in the UK, so would be inclined to pick Oz, or maybe somewhere in the US like Florida. Although, I'd definitely have to check with a tax planner before setting foot in Oz with that much money. (Looked at Oz a few years ago - and the tax rates there almost make Sweden look like a tax haven).

• 2 weeks later...
Personally, I wouldn't tell a soul. At least I wouldn't say how much I'd won, maybe just say I'd won enough to pay off the credit cards, mortgage, etc.

I wouldn't even quit my job (I quite like my job). At least not immediately.

However, when it comes to pay negotiations, I could well choose to call their bluff.

I'd also take the kids to Disneyworld in Florida again. It was a great holiday (but cost a fortune), but the cost would obviously be less of an issue.

Finally, and I hate to say this, but I'd probably do what the hi-so Thais do, and have the kids do their secondary schooling in the UK in boarding schools. (That, or as a family, we'd return to the UK full-time, or go to the US/Oz/NZ - primarily for the kids schooling, just returning to Thailand for holidays).

Given the choice of a place to live. I'd have to say, I don't like winters in the UK, so would be inclined to pick Oz, or maybe somewhere in the US like Florida. Although, I'd definitely have to check with a tax planner before setting foot in Oz with that much money. (Looked at Oz a few years ago - and the tax rates there almost make Sweden look like a tax haven).

i would'nt change a thing in my life ,im not a dreamer ,im happy with the hand i was dealt ,well it was a full house :o

$70 million is just too much.........£35,000,000.

I'd probably get a knighthood from giving £20M to charity......or maybe a peerage

Anybody know the price of a life peerage in the Uk these days?

The remaining £15M would see me far away from these cold, miserable, over-taxed, overcrowded, over-bureaucratised English climes.

Who knows.................I may even take the wife!!

:D , eh, pardon me for saying so 'crowbait' but giving away $20M to charity? You MUST be LOADED already then mate! :D

Not a mere $20M, he said £20M that's about $40M. He's richer than you think :o

$70 million is just too much.........£35,000,000.

I'd probably get a knighthood from giving £20M to charity......or maybe a peerage

Anybody know the price of a life peerage in the Uk these days?

The remaining £15M would see me far away from these cold, miserable, over-taxed, overcrowded, over-bureaucratised English climes.

Who knows.................I may even take the wife!!

:D , eh, pardon me for saying so 'crowbait' but giving away $20M to charity? You MUST be LOADED already then mate! :D

Not a mere $20M, he said £20M that's about $40M. He's richer than you think :o

No.................I've got nothing but debts, mortgages and bills..............nor have I ever had money, & that's the point...........I couldn't begin to spend the interest of £35million (@6% = £2.1million/year...say £1.26million after tax). So I'd just get richer and then I'd feel responsible and I'd have to manage giving money away like young Bill Gates.....................now why on earth would I want to be like him!!!

Much better give it away from the start, prepare to thank the Queen for knighthood, and find somewhere to hang my hammock in the sun.

This is always a tough question to answer (I don't play the lotto!). However, I wouldn't really change anything, my life is as near perfect as it could be. I'd probably be a little more selective in my choice of client, as in, I'd tell a few to piss off. Maybe take a few more holdays, spend a bit more time abroad. Really though, little would change. Does this make me sound boring?

Fantasizing....... hmmmmmmmm

Guess I would set myself up, Hugh Hefner fashion, mansion, bunnies etc.

Lotsa money, bunnies come outta da burrows.

Go cruising in private yacht cum cruiser, all winter in sunny climes.

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!

This is always a tough question to answer (I don't play the lotto!). However, I wouldn't really change anything, my life is as near perfect as it could be. I'd probably be a little more selective in my choice of client, as in, I'd tell a few to piss off. Maybe take a few more holdays, spend a bit more time abroad. Really though, little would change. Does this make me sound boring?

A bit ? :o

Anyway you can look at yourself very happy , with what you have and how you live allready - not bad either .

A bit ? :o

Anyway you can look at yourself very happy , with what you have and how you live allready - not bad either .

Hey people, let ya hair down and fantasize.......

I Gunna add......

Buy a suite on a round the world "QUEEN MARY" any liner. NOT a cruise ship... ewwwwwww

Many ideas from your dear members are very great and worth the try when the money is in

the bank account . I would like to add front row tickets of every interesting sport or events .

Like the Wimbledon final , VIP box seates for ManU or manchester city , Chelsea , Barcelona ,

just to add some new contacts :o .

Maybe after Abramovich seems to like me have a trip on one of his yachts ....

But seriously the best thing and feeling is to make other people happy , so I would try to

set up a small foundation to help orphans in Thailand , great smiles on their faces is more worth then money alone .

To own this or that I probably will not be very interested in , but to enjoy the trips yes for sure .

A private plane or whatever is for Billionaires I reckon , even 70 mil is vanished before you know it ,

there is never enough to spend anyway ! The sky is the limit .

Good sentiments.

I am a selfish <deleted>, tell nobody, drink and be merry.... :D

Leave the leftovers when I kick da bucket to Hearing, Cancer foundations.

I am deaf and have prostate cancer, so they would not have long to wait....... :o:D:D:D