Ebay Phone Verification In Thailand ...land Lines Only?

rainman

I'm trying to set-up a 2nd eBay account for my wife. It now asks for a 'phone verification' call, where the eBay system will call to verify the phone number. I'm fine with that, but the problem is that it doesn't accept a mobile phone number in Thailand, apparently only a land line number. On the other account, we used the home phone line without problems to verify, but since that number is already in use under my name, I can't use it on another in hers. So whenever a mobile phone number is entered, eBay responds by saying 'the number is invalid'.

I'm thinking it could be because of the recently added '8' or perhaps eBay only allows land lines for verification. Has anyone here successfully used a mobile phone in Thailand for eBay? I'm hoping I don't need to apply for a 2nd phone line just to open another eBay account.

:o

Get a Yahoo Voice virtual phone number, mine is registered to California with USA contry Code in this format:

1(415)123.1234

I doubt that Ebay will know the difference. The quality is also very clear and even if it isn't when they call...you can tell them that the line is forwarded to your cell phone and that's why the quality isn't that great.

There not going to allow mobile numbers as the only thing that verifys is that you have 100 baht and know where to buy a SIM card.

PM me if you would like details on how to get round this. :D

That makes sense, though a land line doesn't really verify anything either. I could be using one in the hotel lobby. I just don't want to go through the nightmare of having to pull in a 2nd phone line just to open a 2nd eBay account. So you've got mail. :o

One time only, they never call me on the other account and that's my home phone number. Guess what, I just got off the phone with TRUE to ask them to change the phone number. Can't do :D They said I would need to apply for a 2nd phone line to get a different number. :o

Also tried the phone booth outside my house. You can call the phone booth's number, but it doesn't ring and it hangs up after like 5 seconds, so that doesn't work either.

Looks like I'll need to get a 2nd phone number just to open a 2nd eBay account. Unbelievable. :D