40k Baht Per Month For Non-o

*income from wife's business that I already have a work permit for it.

but for 20K baht a month income to avoid high income tax before I need it (for the 1 year non 'O' application inside the country/immigration of course)

and all this under sunbelt advice that now I dont know if its worth something...

I really dont understand what situation am I right now (!)

I have a non 'O' based on marriage that I got from my country.

now,its going to end in about 3 months.

what I thought to do (with the advice of sunbelt in one of these messages before 1 year) is before the "non 'O' " finish to go to the tax office and declare on income of 40K a month and of course pay tax for this income.

and that's all..I can show immigration that I have income of 40K a month with the tax documents and get the 1 year visa easily.

No mention for the minimum period before make the application.

:o SO WHATS GOING ON? ?

Nothing is going on , its like Sunbelt said .

The only thing is now that it actually is 12 times 40k= 480.000 baht .

The other members proved now that the combination of money earned

in the year exceeding 480k , and proven papers as tax does also do

the trick ...... so not necessarily 40k every month .

Poster Viktor wrote that he did it with 360k provable income and

some cash in the bank exceeding 480k the year could be done .

Also new for me this information , which gives a way to try it at least ,

probably differs at what immigration when applying , cause they all

have their own rules .

Anyway the way you doing it is obvious the best way , when not making

it month to month , for what I understand now , the yearly is alright .

Although it still remains the same 480k plus ......

I really dont understand what situation am I right now (!)

I have a non 'O' based on marriage that I got from my country.

now,its going to end in about 3 months.

what I thought to do (with the advice of sunbelt in one of these messages before 1 year) is before the "non 'O' " finish to go to the tax office and declare on income of 40K a month and of course pay tax for this income.

and that's all..I can show immigration that I have income of 40K a month with the tax documents and get the 1 year visa easily.

No mention for the minimum period before make the application.

:D SO WHATS GOING ON? ?

Nothing is going on , its like Sunbelt said .

The only thing is now that it actually is 12 times 40k= 480.000 baht .

The other members proved now that the combination of money earned

in the year exceeding 480k , and proven papers as tax does also do

the trick ...... so not necessarily 40k every month .

Poster Viktor wrote that he did it with 360k provable income and

some cash in the bank exceeding 480k the year could be done .

Also new for me this information , which gives a way to try it at least ,

probably differs at what immigration when applying , cause they all

have their own rules .

Anyway the way you doing it is obvious the best way , when not making

it month to month , for what I understand now , the yearly is alright .

Although it still remains the same 480k plus ......

how?

I paid tax for income 20K per month * 12= 240K yearly income.

now (next week) I'll go to apply for higher income (the 40K we're talking about to match the visa requirments),then after 2.5 months (ie:when my non 'O' multy entry will almost expired) I will go to immigration with a record of only 3 months/or less then this of 40K a month.

please explain me as I'm lost here with the original OP,

from what I understand he paid for the whole year tax on income 40K and still experienced some problems with the yearly tax/income.

CONFUSED mak mak.. :o

from what I understand he paid for the whole year tax on income 40K and still experienced some problems with the yearly tax/income.

My problem was that in the last tax year I had employment income for 6 months only, and so the tax paid was paid on an amount less than 480,000 baht. The solution was to go to the tax department and declare some more income, pay tax on it, and submit a new application to immigration. That did the trick.

My problem was that in the last tax year I had employment income for 6 months only, and so the tax paid was paid on an amount less than 480,000 baht. The solution was to go to the tax department and declare some more income, pay tax on it, and submit a new application to immigration. That did the trick.

ITS EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

if in my case- I pay just 2.5 months before apply for the visa.. I not pay on the amount of 480K.

Its simple:

I paid tax on 1 year income = 20K/month.

3 months before apply I declare income of 40K/month (upgrade my income and tax).

How do you calculate it to be income of 480K I DONT UNDERSTAND.

:D

...what I thought to do (with the advice of sunbelt in one of these messeges before 1 year)...
...and all this under sunbelt advice that now I dont know if its worth something...

I take your “before 1 year” to mean “over one year ago”. So you are saying that over one year ago a ThaiVisa member made a post in reply to a question of another ThaiVisa member, and today you complain that the answer given at that time to somebody else was worthless because it does not apply to your specific situation today. I think you are expecting too much.

--

Maestro

now (next week) I'll go to apply for higher income (the 40K we're talking about to match the visa requirments),then after 2.5 months (ie:when my non 'O' multy entry will almost expired) I will go to immigration with a record of only 3 months/or less then this of 40K a month.

Married to a Thai , non immigrant "O" visa; can be a combination of your earnings and your wifes earnings (provable) added together and then divided by 12 months to make more than THB 40,000.

Married to a Thai , non immigrant "O" visa; can be a combination of your earnings and your wifes earnings (provable) added together and then divided by 12 months to make more than THB 40,000.

There're 2 different kinds of Non-O. If you're older than 50, and you'll do the mistake to apply for that kind of visa you've to sgow 700.000 Baht a year. Apply for the ordinary Non-O and you only? hve to show 400.000 a year.

The problem is that these financial requirements will change again eventually, if not something else.

None of them have yet figured out that foreigners are together spending a huge amount of money OUTSIDE Thailand because Thailand's immigration laws ends up kicking them out once in a while, money that could well be spent here instead. Another huge amount of money (400,000 baht X ?) is collectively sitting idling in bank accounts for three months.

I'm outa here within a year or so and until then, I fly to Singapore and back. We've had it with local immigration's offices and officers wasting our time and money, each interpreting rules their own way.

You must have a work permit to work legally. With an O visa (Thai wife), you can get a work permit.

With a retirement visa, you cannot work legally.

It is not strictly true that you can't get a work permit with a so-called retirement visa. It's kind of a gray area. About 18 months ago I obtained my first work permit while on a Non-O based on retirement, and the labor department didn't seem to have any problem with it. But the visa in my passport was just marked "Non Immigrant O"; I've heard that some of the stamps are marked "employment prohibited" or words to that effect.

After I received my first work permit I did a bit of research on the topic. Apparently the letter of the law is that a Non-O visa is sufficient for obtaining a work permit. But like so much in Thai immigration law, it comes down to the implementation of the law at any given time. There was certainly a period when the labor department wouldn't grant work permits if your Non-O was based on retirement. But a few weeks ago my local immigration office told me that it wasn't a problem (though I don't regard them as particularly reliable). In any case, it's up to the labor department, not immigration. At the moment, the immigration department really likes the idea of a farang parking 800,000 baht in a Thai bank where he'll earn little or no interest. If he wants to work and pay taxes too, they seem happy to take his money. How long will it be before they find a way to collect taxes on the 800,000 as well?

Problem in Phuket is that immigration says no to work and then NOT want to give extension of visa before labour office says NO. Personally I prefer Immigration out of my workpermit (now cancelled) as its really upto labour office. Ok, I did what they wanted so I will likely be on a month out and in working outside Thailand at likely 6 times what I get here and I will NOT get bored by having to spend time in bars and at home and will NOT pay them tax as money will not come here till after one year.

There're 2 different kinds of Non-O. If you're older than 50, and you'll do the mistake to apply for that kind of visa you've to sgow 700.000 Baht a year. Apply for the ordinary Non-O and you only? hve to show 400.000 a year.

I am over 50 years old with non immigrant "O" marriage visa and I can show my money ie pension and my wifes money in bank to make up the required amount. ie. THB 480,000 divided by 12 months is THB 40,000

Can't understand why anyone grandfathered in on the 400k would give that up for the 40k per month. That is just stupid in my book.

It appears that it is the tax due on 480k rather than the 40k income which seems to be the sticking point in the latest discussions. On this point I have a problem.

Surely nearly everyone's tax position will be slightly different ? Allowances, actual income, allowable expenses etc.

Very roughly and without more than standard allowances (no investment or insurance etc.) the tax on 40k would be about Bt2750 per month so with allowances and expenses, it would be be less. Are we saying that for example, people who cannot prove the whole of the previous 12 months at 40k per month can just go down and say they earned 480k yesterday and after allowances, here is the tax of 24k (12*2000) ? Now where do I get my visa stamped ?

Surely even this lot are not that barmy ?

A Singaporean friend married to a Thai nationals for 4 years did not have to show any income proof of 40k or 400k baht.. and yet he still get Non O visa multiple entry free every year from singapore Thai Embassy ..

The OP is talking about obtaining a visa extension, based on marriage, from Immigration here in LOS,

not applying for a multi-entry visa in Singapore.

Two quite different scenarios.

Kruang

It might be of interest to know which immigration office you went to.

Terry

I am not sure that the office involved will make any difference,

as the ultimate decision on all the "marriage" extensions comes from Bangkok.

Retirement seems to be done locally.............

Can't understand why anyone grandfathered in on the 400k would give that up for the 40k per month. That is just stupid in my book.

It appears that it is the tax due on 480k rather than the 40k income which seems to be the sticking point in the latest discussions. On this point I have a problem.

Surely nearly everyone's tax position will be slightly different ? Allowances, actual income, allowable expenses etc.

Very roughly and without more than standard allowances (no investment or insurance etc.) the tax on 40k would be about Bt2750 per month so with allowances and expenses, it would be be less. Are we saying that for example, people who cannot prove the whole of the previous 12 months at 40k per month can just go down and say they earned 480k yesterday and after allowances, here is the tax of 24k (12*2000) ? Now where do I get my visa stamped ?

Surely even this lot are not that barmy ?

I chose to keep my funds invested abroad rather than park 400k in a Thai bank at the current exchange rates, since I had a job here that qualified me for the 40k per month (or so I thought). I would call that a personal preference, but I'll concede stupidity if you insist.

I'm not sure that immigration would allow only evidence of a tax payment for the previous tax year (they want to see evidence of employment income as well), but it does seem that the tax payment is the sine qua non. Immigration allowed me to go to the revenue department and top up my tax payment for the previous year (on very dubious grounds), since I had only 6 months employment income for that year. This was not my idea actually -- it was a suggestion from an immigration officer in Bangkok! The extension of stay was then granted.