Thai School Apologizes To Jewish Organization For Nazi Celebration

sriracha john

ROFL....HYSTERICALLY........

most thai i know dont really have a clue; we have so many holidays here they cant keep them straight. (the holiday where we dont eat bread the holiday where we dont eat, etc)... also, every time my kids remind my husband s friends 'we dont eat pork' they think we are muslim....

of course those that work with israelis in thailand or those who are maybe more culturally exposed know more; then again, as i tried to say about that past iowan girl asking about my horns (her father was a minister btw) is that in any country there is a fairly large non educated or educated but not sophisticated or worldly group that have strong stereotypical notions about other people different from them, and also, have a general lack of historical knowledge or reasoning to know.....

i do get more upset from a western antisemite then i do from my uneducated thai associates and husband since my expectations are different (not higher just different)...

well, off to slaughter a bunch of christian children to make my bread with........:o)) joke , actually, its anon going to catch us some dogs... no wait, joke, umm...... well whatever, i'll think of some good stereotype soon.

on that theme my daughter just finished her army courseand today got her teaching soldier braid, and anon stood next to me during the national anthem, w/o a clue as to what was so important about the whole army ceremony....but suffered it silently witht two slight commentx: israelis: baaa laow (crazy).....as we photo and video'd the whole thing....and " thai army is better.."

go figure...

bina and anon

israel

I wish the moderators would clamp down on these blatent anti-christian posts. I am appalled. (sarcasm)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Nazis and they deserve the worst of punishment.

However, I wonder if it would be consistent to suggest that a school should also apologize for using a theme of the Roman Empire in one of their activities...

The Roman Empire was just as horrible in enslaving and torturing and killing other races/nationalities which they (like the Nazis) considered to be not the "prime" race right?

And then, we can apply this to a lot of other past empires as well, can't we?

Okay, okay, some will say the Nazi thing was more recent... so where do we draw the line?

Just a point to ponder...

so where do we draw the line?

thats a good question , i believe it was only recently that the pope apologised to the jews for the widely held belief among catholics for nearly 2000 years that they (the jews) were responsible for the death of jesus , and descendants of african slaves are still demanding financial compensation 200-300 years after the event , and muslim sensibilities are still offended by the crusades 1000 years ago

the roman empire is long gone , but the survivors of the holocaust and their first generation descendants are still alive and as such their grief should still be respected ,its still just too raw for so many , in 50 or 100 years time it too will considered as ancient history , hopefully the events (of all the above) will still be taught in history classes and the lessons learnt from them (or not , as the case may be) used to illustrate the downright stupidity of the human race.

On the issue of Nazism and, for that matter, almost anything historical and western, Thai people seem as oblivious to these subjects as well, say, most Americans are about Asian culture. Whatever they learned in school was done by recitation. What the Burmese did at Ayuddhaya was really terrible to them but I knew nothing about it in the states. Nazis don't rate in their memory next to events in Thai history.

That's a problem. Many of the posts I on this topic have mentioned being with Thai who have a fascination about the "power" of the Nazis. I've seen this too many times, especially at the universities. They think the symbol is both cute and strong. How many Thai students will take the time to read a book or do a google search about what the symbol means? None.

This school incident just goes to show us all that there is a wide open door for future Hitlers to exploit.

On the issue of Nazism and, for that matter, almost anything historical and western, Thai people seem as oblivious to these subjects as well, say, most Americans are about Asian culture. Whatever they learned in school was done by recitation. What the Burmese did at Ayuddhaya was really terrible to them but I knew nothing about it in the states. Nazis don't rate in their memory next to events in Thai history.

That's a problem. Many of the posts I on this topic have mentioned being with Thai who have a fascination about the "power" of the Nazis. I've seen this too many times, especially at the universities. They think the symbol is both cute and strong. How many Thai students will take the time to read a book or do a google search about what the symbol means? None.may be they just think it's beautifulh

This school incident just goes to show us all that there is a wide open door for future Hitlers to exploit.

Well rather than speculate on what Thai people may or not now I have interviewed a number in my acquaintance and shown them the pictures of the school. I should state all have a minimum of a university degree some masters and would be considered professionals. When asked about the Holocaust none knew what I meant but all know what I meant by a Jew. However, when I asked if they knew what happened to the Jews in the second world war they all knew - one even saying "killed them with poisonous gas".

As far as the pictures of the school was concerned they all felt that far too much has been made of the incident and were not happy to hear the teacher was fired. A teacher said "may be they just think it's beautiful these kids don't think so much about anything" .

Another stated "I think the teacher that organized this event didn't mean anything more than just to attract others attention by coming up with costumes and theme BUT the topic he/she pick up was too sensitive which, as a teacher, the person should be more careful on this. I have to say they are too serious on this people know this event is for fun in school

similar to when Hollywood use Buddha for movie".

None held any opinion good or bad about Jewish people although one who worked as a manager for an Israeli company said she had Jewish friends put said her Thai staff found as employers there were "khii nio mahk mahk (very stingy) but very clever but very very cheating".

Finally I think they were more aggrieved to find that there is a website where outsiders are criticizing their country - oh but sorry that is off topic !

Cheers BB

one who worked as a manager for an Israeli company said she had Jewish friends put said her Thai staff found as employers there were "khii nio mahk mahk (very stingy) but very clever but very very cheating".

Now that is an understatement, i don't enjoy doing business with these people at all.

Thai culture thinks being clever in ways of extracting money is admirable.

That said, I find these stereotypical anti-semitic comments here distasteful and disgusting.

Lets get real here. BS stories about Jews and money is one of the roots of historical anti-semitism right along with stories of Jews killing Christian children to use their blood to bake matzoh bread. If Jews were so good with money, they all would be rich and really would control the world. But, guess what, they aren't and they don't.

Historically speaking, in Medieval Europe, Jews were forced by repressive laws to only engage in a very limited number of professions, money lending being one of them. Is it any wonder these anti-semitic myths developed from that history?

For those back stabbers with the so called mythical "best friends", all I can say is JUDAS!

Edited by Jingthing

A teacher said " ............. these kids don't think so much about anything" .

exactly , a great observation by a teacher , who probably will never understand the accuracy of his remark.

and these kids who dont think so much about anything then develop into adults who dont think so much about anything and some of them even become teachers who dont think so much about anything , especially their pupils who dont think so much about anything.

thailand in a nutshell.

I think they were more aggrieved to find that there is a website where outsiders are criticizing their country

thailand in another nutshell.