Tourist Visa After 90 Day Transit Is Over?

To make a long story short, I went to Thailand on the 90 day transit visa and ended up getting a job teaching. Because of pre-exisisting travel arrangements, I went back home and will re-enter Thailand next Tuesday with a 60 day tourist visa (that will then be turned into whatever it needs to be by the school). I don't think this will be a problem, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

A transit visa only allows a 30 day stay and it does not allow you to work. Did you perhaps have a single entry non immigrant visa of some type? Did you have a work permit? Or are you saying you will start the job when you return?

If the conditions are met having the tourist visa changed should not be a problem. But believe most schools would have been able to provide documents to obtain a non immigrant visa in the US, as that would be easier all around, so would urge you to be sure they are not expecting you to work without a work permit and on tourist visas.

yes, I did the 30 day transit visa for the 90 day total. I will start the job when I return, and would have gotten the Non Immigrant visa in the U.S., but I'm only here for a very short time. I just wasn't sure they'd let me in with a 60-day tourist visa without a round-trip plane ticket.

You did not have transit visas - you have 30 day visa exempt stamps and can not obtain more for a six month period. The tourist visa will allow you entry and unless the airline requires onward travel a one way ticket should be OK.