What's Your Fav Movies Line/quote?

legag

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeds dead baby... Zeds dead..

That was my first fav :o

'you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off' micheal caine the italian job 1969 ,classic

That was my second fav :D

So i'll go with Maximus from Gladiator

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next"

The last few words between E.T. and the young kid near the space-ship scene ,when E.T. is about to leave to his planet in E.T. movie so :

the boy said in a weeping voice :"Stay"

E.T. replied : "come"

BUT;Both could not be separated or away from their own individual different worlds . So I always remember this (line) when there is a needed decision about serious dilemmas ..

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die. - Rutger Hauer, Blade Runner 1982

From Brando's first movie, 'The Wild One', in which he plays the leader of a motorcycle gang, and is approached by a lady: 'What are rebelling against?' Brando: 'Whad'ya got?'

Another line from Mae West, it might be in 'My Little Chickadee'. A woman sees Mae wearing a number of diamonds and exclaims, 'Goodness, look at those diamonds!' Mae West: 'Honey, goodness had nothing to do with it'.

Groucho Marx to his son in 'Horsefeathers': 'Your mother and I were hoping for a boy and then you came along'.

Let's hear what lines/quotes we all like :o

"Houston, we have a problem," from Apollo 13, 1995. -- I love this and been saying it.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer," from The Godfather Part II, 1974. -- classic!! :D Who doesn't like Godfather. C'mon.

"Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a dam_n." -- Gone With The Wind.

The note on Felix Leiter's chest in Licence to Kill (Bond) after he had been fed to the shark: "He disagreed with something that ate him."

The exchange with Chico Marx and the prosecutor(?) in Duck soup I think it was. Asked about his taxes, Chico replies, "I gotta the uncle that lives there." The prosecutor asks where and Chico says, "Texas." "Not Texas," Says the guy, "Taxes... Dollars" "That's a where he lives," says Chico. "Dallas, Texas."

I love the Marx brothers... there must be a load from Groucho if it was Googled.

Groucho to Margaret Dumont as if dreaming of them being married... "Ah yes I can see you now bending over the stove... But now I can't see the stove!"

(This is from memory... Apologies if its wrong.)

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tannhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die."

- Rutger Hauer, "Blade Runner"

BR_Batty_Time_to_Die.jpg

MAYOR: All right, let's have it.

HARRY: Have what?

MAYOR: Your report. What have you been doing?

HARRY: Well for the past three quarters of an hour I've been sitting on my ass in your outer office waiting on you.

---------------

MAYOR: I don't want any more trouble like you had last year in the Fillmore district. Understand? That's my policy.

HARRY: Yeah, well when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the b[]stard. That's my policy.

MAYOR: Intent? How did you establish that?

HARRY: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross. (Leaves)

MAYOR: I think he's got a point.

Dirty Harry

ARTHUR BACH (Dudley Moore): "I'm going to take a bath."

HOBSON (John Gielgud): "I'll alert the media."

ARTHUR

MELVIN UDALL (Jack Nicholson): "You make me want to be a better man." (now if only a guy would say that to me, a girl can dream right?)

AS GOOD AS IT GETS

ARTHUR BACH (Dudley Moore) "Isn't fun the best thing to have?"

ARTHUR