Arnt We A Strange Lot! Why Do Phuket People Hate Pattaya

funfun

I've lived in LOS for about 5 years and have been to most places of note. One place I have never been to, and hope I never will, is Pattaya.

I hear everyone there smells of pla ra and eats babies.

No, you do not know what you are mising out on, Pattaya is great.

BTW, we only eat babies that smell like pla ra

I've lived in LOS for about 5 years and have been to most places of note. One place I have never been to, and hope I never will, is Pattaya. I hear everyone there smells of pla ra and eats babies.

nothing an atomic bomb couldn't fix :o

Unfortunately the cockroaches that infest the place would still probably live. And I'm not talking about the black insects either.

I've lived in LOS for about 5 years and have been to most places of note. One place I have never been to, and hope I never will, is Pattaya. I hear everyone there smells of pla ra and eats babies.

So do we.

Pattaya does not need people with bad attitude nor those who judge a place by hearsay

All of the top places: Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, and Chiang Mai have both strong negatives and strong positives. By trashing the other places, perhaps this serves as psychological reinforcement to self rationalize/justify putting up with the negatives of their choice? It indeed is not a pretty part of human nature. I love all of those places (maybe my insides are pretty?), but for me, Pattaya is the best fit, by far.

psychological reinforcement to self rationalize/justify

now am i gonna have to google all that lot! :o

It is when a guy is living in Pattaya and knows it is a sleazy cesspool filled with losers but does not let his mind accept reality because that would cause PAIN. In order to avoid pain, a mental myth is constructed that goes something like this: I am so smart because I made the decision to live in Pattaya, the world's best city, filled with interesting people.........a cosmopolitan paradise.

Excuse me.........I am due back on planet earth.

How about: I am so smart because I made the decision to live in Pattaya, the world's best city, filled with young, beautiful, hot, sexy women who will do whatever I want and without breaking the bank. There are lots of decent, inexpensive restaurants, Ok book stores and cheap places to live and lots of losers who make me seem like quite the prince in comparison... and so on. :o

It is when a guy is living in Pattaya and knows it is a sleazy cesspool filled with losers but does not let his mind accept reality because that would cause PAIN. In order to avoid pain, a mental myth is constructed that goes something like this: I am so smart because I made the decision to live in Pattaya, the world's best city, filled with interesting people.........a cosmopolitan paradise.

Excuse me.........I am due back on planet earth.

Sleazy cesspool filled with losers?

I haven,t lost 500 dollars on an accomodation scam like yourself at a so called reputable university up north. So much for brains huh? :o

They could probably teach Pattaya a thing or two.

Edited by stevemiddie

How about: I am so smart because I made the decision to live in Pattaya, the world's best city, filled with young, beautiful, hot, sexy women who will do whatever I want and without breaking the bank. There are lots of decent, inexpensive restaurants, Ok book stores and cheap places to live and lots of losers who make me seem like quite the prince in comparison... and so on. :D

Don,t forget Ulysses....................The poster that slagged Pattaya ( JR Ewing as hint. :o ) is the one that is sooooooooo smart he got ripped at a university for a few bucks.

If Pattaya teaches us anything as expats here it is how NOT to get ripped. :D

all the places mentioned are cities, and all have resident Thais who are burned out with farang. You can see it in their eyes, in their surly attitudes.

I have a problem with cities in general - restricted breathing, added noise, advert assaults, zombied people.

So I've found a rural area with clean air, little noise, and relatively few rude people. When I have to go to town for errands, I make the best of the smoggy air, etc. - but it's always a tangible relief to get back to my park-like place in the boonies.

Incidentally, for 25 years living in the States, before coming to Thailand, it was a similar scenario: I had rural acerage a half hour's drive from the nearest town.

I've lived in LOS for about 5 years and have been to most places of note. One place I have never been to, and hope I never will, is Pattaya.

Mmmmmmm, "le baby pla ra" my mouth is watering already ! :D

(ps: I normally smell like whiskey/coke/sex/smoke/incense/sex/cologne/som tam/sex/Febreeze/sea breeze/after-shave/sex/soap and deodorant, on a regular day) :o

A Pattaya address has it's uses sometimes....

Was showing a "Visitor" round Soi Cowboy and a gogo girl, having failed to hit on him as his girlfriend was with him, then asked me where I was from.

I replied "Pattaya". She got up and walked away without a further word (Not even a Goodbye) :o .

Most tourist areas have been over-developed, polluted and populated by shamelesss Thais, looking to ripoff anybody they come across.

Sad but true.

Or perhaps populated by nationals who earn in a day on a regular job what the majority of us spent at the pub in an hour or so, causing said nationals to hope some of the money floating around will find it's way to them.

As would you if you weren't lucky enough to be born where you were.

not picking you out personally PTG, just showing a different side to that coin. :o

Most tourist areas have been over-developed, polluted and populated by shamelesss Thais, looking to ripoff anybody they come across.

Sad but true.

Or perhaps populated by nationals who earn in a day on a regular job what the majority of us spent at the pub in an hour or so, causing said nationals to hope some of the money floating around will find it's way to them.

As would you if you weren't lucky enough to be born where you were.

not picking you out personally PTG, just showing a different side to that coin. :o

Not taking it personally as we seem to agree these places are populated by ripoffs.

Who you gonna call?The cops?

Funnily enough, I always thought pla ra smelt the same as what came out of the rear end of babies. :o:D

BTW, it's banned in my house. If the g/f wants to eat it, she can go round her friends house. :D

I am a Bangkokonian ( New word lol) and to me home is where you lay your hat.

Pattaya does have a bad reputation here for violence and you often here guys saying all the no gooders flock to Pattaya.

It's all BS and you get the same crap all over the world........my green grass is greener that yours type of thing.

I often stay an the Asia Pattaya Hotel and sitting down in the bay I feel like I am in the best place in the world...............I find Pattaya a nice relaxing place.

BUT Pee Pee Island now that is a shi****........ok it's lovely to look at if you like diving shops, diving shops, diving shops Hope no one lives there :o and diving shops.......it's a shanty town if ever there was one.

(ps: I normally smell like whiskey/coke/sex/smoke/incense/sex/cologne/som tam/sex/Febreeze/sea breeze/after-shave/sex/soap and deodorant, on a regular day) :o

In THAT order too!!!

:D

Well, when your normal day doesn't start until 7pm, that's pretty much how it goes (just another reason people from other places are jealous of Pattaya !) :D

Always the same. A bit like North v South.

Like Yorkshiremen and Lancastrians :o

Usually all in good fun except for those who take it too seriously :D

Right on the money! I plan on getting serious about the good and bad in Pattaya (and everywhere else for that matter) when I'm dead. :D

7pm?? Thats a bit early Kerryd. :D

Maybe for you older folks that need to nap a little more in the afternoons !

But yeah, out for dinner around 7pm, off to stop # 1 around 8ish, get a little liquid and determine where stop #2 should be, arrive at stop #2, get a little more liquidy and so on and so on until 3ish. Then off for some "baby pla ra" and back to my place to discuss quantum physics and other intellectual matters :o until the sun has risen (so it's light enough that those still mobile can make their way home).

There are times that I feel like a vampire, as I will go a week or more and never see daylight ! :D