Jam Musicians

monty

I have recently have installed a fully equipped stage with pretty much all equipment a musician can dream of.

This stuff is free to use for anybody wanting to let their musical talents rip loose :o

We already have a bunch of the familiar Western musicians often seen to roam the bars in Pattaya for a chance to play some music. They have now found their ultimate playground.

Some of them tend to pop in unannounced on any day of the week, but we have kind of a regular get together every Friday.

The equipment present at the moment are a drum set, electrical guitar, bass guitar, both with their respective amps (hartke valve amp for the guitar, Yamaha for the bass), keyboard (Korg M1, old but very capable and their absolute bestseller).

Apart from that there are lots of instruments from our regular jam players who can't be bothered to take their stuff anywhere else, but obviously I won't allow anybody to touch that stuff unless their respective owners are present!

Plenty of microphones, lots of free channels on the mixer to plug your own instrument in. Everything is fed into the mixer and onto the PA, with a separate monitor system.

We play amplified till 11 pm, then we revert to acoustic (we still use the monitor speakers so you'll still hear what's going on, the korg doesn't sound like much acoustic :D ) to protect the peace and quit of our surroundings.

If anybody likes more info please PM me...

I play Bluegrass music with friends!! Even had a request once but was not ready to leave just at that time. :o

Accoustic music only after Eleven pm!!! That's way past our bedtime

Er.,,, wouldn't there be a problem with this work permit thing again, this one item stops me from playing anywhere outside of my back porch as I have way to much to loose.

I was there last Friday evening and it was a good fun night, and the jam gig was most entertaining. The guys (and girl) did well, but clearly the more the merrier, so if you can play – or sing - I suggest you check it out.

It’s a good place to spend a few hours on a Friday night – whether you want to join in or just drink and be entertained, and the girls aren’t half bad either. :o

No, I’m not on commission, or free beer. :D

Er.,,, wouldn't there be a problem with this work permit thing again, this one item stops me from playing anywhere outside of my back porch as I have way to much to loose.

We have all the licenses for karaoke performances, both for the copyrights and for the equipment/software, both for Foreign music and Thai Music (and bloody expensive they are!).

Isn't it the idea of Karaoke to let the customers do the singing? We have a Thai bloke (on the payroll) who plays keyboard and operates the licensed karaoke PC.

I haven't heard of a karaoke refusing Foreign singers because they don't have a work permit. And why not pick-up a guitar while you're at it :o

cheezz, haven't thought about this work permit thing. the law is really screwed up, why do we need work permit to have fun? in another thread not so long ago i have been informed that i cannot even cut my own grass in our lawn...

does anybody play aerosmith, guns, metallica, skid row, or something similar? i'm more on the heavy stuff...

Forgot to ask....you provide all that wonderful gear, but what about groupies? As a true artist, I perform so much better when there's a bunch of girls screaming in front of the stage...

Sounds like fun. I'll swing by when I get there. I been hoping to find places to jam when in LOS. I'm a lefty, so I'd have to shop for my geetar before hand... I can follow along most any basic stuff.. I hear theres a great bar owned by a musician on Koh Chang that invites players as well.

Monty, please P.M. me for the location of your place at your convinence.

thanks.

I'll be back in town on the weekend, so tell the other guys to practice All Along The Watchtower... :D

Is it on Fridays only? That is the TV night-out night! Baaad timing, Monty! :D

No, not at all, the stage is open every day. It's just that quite a few of the regulars are working people (Eastern Seaboard industry, the poor souls who have to get up at 5am) so for them Fridays or Saturdays are the only option.

Forgot to ask....you provide all that wonderful gear, but what about groupies? As a true artist, I perform so much better when there's a bunch of girls screaming in front of the stage...

Can be arranged! Just have to teach them how to scream :D

Anyways, I always tough it was copious quantities of amber liquid improving your play :o

I'll love to check your place out. Back when I was playing in Singapore, the musicians used to hang out at a particular bar after work and jam around together. It's always cool and occasionally funny! I sing and play accoustic guitar. And oh, I'm a female(makes a diff!). Played different types of music ranging from pop, rock, punk, to jazz. So let me know abt the directions. I can even drag my musician friends down for a jam when they pay me a visit!

'thing is we play different kind of music. i think it's better if we know the kind of music to be jammed so can pop-up and not be out-of-place. i play heavy kind of stuff (just makes noise :D , kidding!) but i would be interested playing something else during jam sessions (fun of course :o ).

maybe TV members would like to share what music they play ie. rock, pop, jazz, heavy, reggae, country, thai, etc. it is also possible to have schedule like monday for jazz/country, tuesday for pop/rock, wednesday for reggae, thursday for thai/country, and friday for heavy/variety. saturday and sunday is whatever... also, audience will be able to know when they will come during the week. re-shuffle the schedule every month...

just my 10 cents... :D

I suggested to Monty and his partner at LMR to set up a list of songs together wih interested musicians. I put down a bunch of songs just from the top of my head about a month ago...anyways...what are you guys interested in? I play guitar and can do vocals, also bass. Let's get some songs together!

All Along the Watchtower to start with! :o

Would any of you guys/girls be interested in working in Koh Samui.

We have just opened a new Irish bar and Restaurant which is in need of in-house entertainment.

We had two lads from Dublin playing for a while but they have now returned to the Ole Sod.

Pm me if your interested

Thanks,

Ps - I will look after Work Permits