Window Security Grills

poppysdad

After another attempted breakin at 2 am on Monday, our second in 10 weeks, (and I almost caught the b####r) all our teak windows at the back of the house look like a family of giant woodpeckers have been partying. I'm determined there won't be a third try, don't want anything ugly but anyone any idea where I could get some scrolled window security grills made, or the Spanish style not that there is anything Spanish about our house.

To find ironwork shops just drive around your town and look at shopfronts, you'll find them. They will have catalogues of window grille designs.

You can modify the designs as you wish within reason and it doesn't change the price.

Just find a design you like but may wish to change a bit, so sit down with the guy and draw the changes on the design in the book.

Next step is he comes to your house and measures everything up. A deposit of 20-30% to cover materials and off he goes.

Just to make you feel better. After you have had the window grilles installed if you are in a Bungalow they will start lifting your roof tiles and break in that way!!

Is the house new? Very often the thieves are the itinerant builders.