Fedora - Fastest Mirror To Thailand

dsys

Thai National Mirror/fedora/releases/7 seems to have the ISOs

However, my experience is that the updates are not kept up to date, so I end up going with the rsync servers at mirror.kernel.org to pull down nightly updates. You might want to use the Thai mirror to create your initial updates tree however...

Of course, you can take your chances with the default mirroring behavior, but I find yum unusable if I am not running it off my own local LAN mirror.

• 2 months later...

Better go directly for the latest version, Fedora 8 you can download the DVD ISO files here ftp://ftp.psu.ac.th/pub/fedora/8

You can also select to download the Live-CD which can also be installed on your hard drive, and additional packages which are not available on the CD are being downloaded (similar to what Ubuntu does)

I just downloaded the "Fedora 8 Live KDE i686.iso" 2 weks ago through bittorrent. Like ~6 hours to complete the download.

But I didn't install it, I don't like KDE so much so I keep with Gnome on Ubuntu. Fully configured to suit my needs and the nice compiz-fusion window manager with all the funny graphical effects. :o Really awesome.

The official Fedora 8 Live-CD ISO comes with Gnome windows manager

It's exactly why I wrote: "Fedora 8 Live KDE i686.iso", it was to give a try to Fedora & KDE.

But as I said I'll stick to Ubuntu as they have a very helpful french website and forum. And if I cannot find any help on this website I can always have a look at the official (english speaking) forum.

After all, the distro is not very important, all of them are running a linux kernel under GNU environment. I was in a hurry at the moment, really bored with the Microsoft OS installed on my laptop, so I decided to install the easiest one. And everithing worked out of the box 25 minutes later.

Edited by hp8000

• 2 months later...

Personally, with Linux isos, I will always go with Bittorrent.

It does it's own referential integrity checking so you don't have to use any checksums, and it can recovers from a dropped connection very well. (I know you can use download managers, but I've twice had bad checksums from regular downloads of a Linux iso (Suse and Ubuntu), but never from a torrent.